SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Indiana Teacher: I Was Forced To Resign Because I Won’t Pretend Boys Can Be Girls
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Teacher: I Was Forced To Resign Because I Won’t Pretend Boys Can Be Girls Login/Join 
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they expect teachers to be mind readers and reinforce mental illness.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
This is what's starting to happen in sports.The individual has had no operations and no hormonal treatment.

"Transgender sprinter Andraya Yearwood, a freshman who was born a male, won the girls 100-meter and 200-meter dashes at the Connecticut high school Class M state championships — victories that didn’t come without some controversy."
"Regarding the girls races involving Yearwood, Courant columnist Jeff Jacobs asked, “Was it fair?”

His answer: “On a biologically competitive basis, it was not.” But Jacobs also asked if Yearwood, 15, should be allowed to participate with the girls? His answer was yes.

“Participation is paramount in high school sports,” Jacobs wrote. “Participation with dignity is the aspiration. But the question of what constitutes fairness in the world of sports remains to be settled.”

"As for Andraya Yearwood’s first-place finishing times in the girls races, the Day reported that Yearwood ran the 100-meter final in 12.66 seconds and the 200-meter final in 26.08. According to Northeast Sports Timing, the last-place times in the boys 100-meter and 200-meter Class M finals were 11.73 seconds and 25.59 seconds, respectively.

Wonder when this fad gets to the Olympics?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...-state-championships

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
We do indeed live in interesting times. Where ~1% of the population controls how the other 99% will use pronouns, decrees that whatever gender identity one professes on any given day supersedes the actual gender one biologically is, which bathrooms, showers,etc. will be used by those identifying as LGBTQ, or just plain confused.

I read a military themed science fiction novel years ago, and wish I could remember the title. The novel portrayed a future gender reality that I thought could never ever come to be. The Government of the novel had decreed homosexuality be practiced as a form of population control. The "men" in the military unit portrayed, all wore makeup, lipstick, practiced homosexuality, etc. Except for the commanding officer, who the "men" suspected of being straight. Because of this, his troops referred to him as, "The old queer". As I said, I thought such a twisted world could never come to be. Now, I'm not so sure.....

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
mental illness has run amok

we need very large institutions where these 'people' are removed from society and not permitted to contaminate people around them

its either mental illness or a mental defect, but either way its mental

what a sad state of affairs for this country

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I watched a "gay guy" I know that has this fine fine female bouncing around on his lap at a concert .... All he could do was smile proudly at all us guys standing around.
I don't give a damn if you call yourself gay, the drive is still male and you will want to procreate.....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world
Except for Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I will happily call people he/she/him/her based on how they feel. I'm actually ok with it. I think it really is a mental issue, but I'll happily play along and let them live as they wish.

...so long as they do the same for me. Don't tell me what I have to believe, don't tell me who I have to hire, don't tell what I can and cannot own, don't tell me...the list goes on.

I think live and let live is actually the best policy, I just expect everyone to do back to me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not a snowball's chance in Hell I'm submitting too this zee zer zim stupid shit.

I'd take the termination, too. I simply cannot/will not submt to this insanity, and they'd have to fire me. I know people say bold things like this when it's all theoretical, but I couldn't be more serious. Not only would I not submit to this nonsense, I could not bring myself to utter that stupid shit. I just could not. If I cowtowed to this incredibly stupid crap, I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. That's the truth. Therefore, they'd have to fire me.

I look forward to the first time someone tries to pull this shit with me.
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I think live and let live is actually the best policy, I just expect everyone to do back to me.
I agree with you, but this stuff is not 'live and let live'. This is the insanity of others being pushed onto people. The article this thread references is a perfect example. How is this 'live and let live'? It is anything but that. Otherwise, this teacher would still have their job.

Check the signature line

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Not a snowball's chance in Hell I'm submitting too this zee zer zim stupid shit.

I'd take the termination, too. I simply cannot/will not submt to this insanity, and they'd have to fire me. I know people say bold things like this when it's all theoretical, but I couldn't be more serious. Not only would I not submit to this nonsense, I could not bring myself to utter that stupid shit. I just could not. If I cowtowed to this incredibly stupid crap, I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. That's the truth. Therefore, they'd have to fire me.

I look forward to the first time someone tries to pull this shit with me.
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I agree with you, but this stuff is not 'live and let live'. This is the insanity of others being pushed onto people. The article this thread references is a perfect example. How is this 'live and let live'? It is anything but that. Otherwise, this teacher would still have their job.

Check the signature line

I believe this is what brought Jordan Peterson into prominence.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The only problem I have with this whole issue is how the majority is expected to make some significant changes for a very very tiny minority of the population. You can be whatever you like, but don't expect the tide to change direction just for you.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kluge opted instead to address students by their last names to avoid either referring to his apparently several transgender students with pronouns and names of the opposite sex, or offending them by not doing as they wished despite its contradiction of reality.

I commend his approach to the situation by only referring to his students by their last names. It would seem that he stayed between the lines and no one should have been 'offended', unless of course, they had an agenda! That said, I definitely would not have Resigned....They'd of had to Fire me from that job!

I am, and will ALWAYS be a 'Conscientious Objector' re: any special recognition/names/pronouns, etc dreamed up by the LGBTQIA alphabet soup crowd! Roll Eyes

And I could care less who's offended!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post