SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Head Of Iran's Nuclear Weapons Project Assassinated
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Head Of Iran's Nuclear Weapons Project Assassinated Login/Join 
posted
https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...project-assassinated

According to Iran Front Page News, Fakhrizadeh was killed by shooting, but before the shootout, his car has been stopped with an explosion at Mostafa Khomeini Blvd. Several others are also reportedly killed in the incident, but haven’t been identified yet.

Fakhrizadeh was a brigadier general in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corp (IRGC) and headed Iran’s nuclear weapons project.

He was a professor of physics at the Imam Hussein University in Tehran and was former head of Iran's Physics Research Center.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
AP reporting it too

https://apnews.com/article/dub..._campaign=SocialFlow

An Iranian scientist that Israel alleged led the Islamic Republic’s military nuclear program until its disbanding in the early 2000s was “assassinated” Friday, state television said.

Israel declined to immediately comment on the killing of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, who Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu once called out in a news conference saying: “Remember that name.” Israel has long been suspected of carrying out a series of targeted killings of Iranian nuclear scientists nearly a decade ago.

State TV Friday cited sources confirming the death. It said it would offer more information shortly.

The area around Absard is filled with vacation villas for the Iranian elite with a view of Mount Damavand, the highest peak in the country. Roads on Friday, part of the Iranian weekend, were emptier than normal due to a lockdown over the coronavirus pandemic, offering his attackers a chance to strike with fewer people around.

Fakhrizadeh led Iran’s so-called “Amad,” or “Hope” program. Israel and the West have alleged it was a military operation looking at the feasibility of building a nuclear weapon in Iran. Tehran long has maintained its nuclear program is peaceful.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
It really couldn't have happened to a more deserving fella.

Wait and see who takes over...I bet he'll spend a lot of time looking over HIS shoulder.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Israel's also bombed iranian targets in syria 3 of the last 4 or 5 days.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
On a serious note. It’s gotta suck having a job or position where you literally have a target on your back all the time.

I mean, like was said above, imagine being the poor bastard who got his promotion because his boss was surgically assassinated and now that’s your highly publicized job that you likely don’t have a choice to turn down. “Yay....a promotion....FML”

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unlikely. These guys are fanatics. How many American scientists have military positions? Their mindset is totally different than ours.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Heard he was an aspiring rapper who had just turned his life around, you know how that goes.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it was Israel. Or if it was an inside job. My bet is the latter.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
If it was Israel, which is highly likely, I wonder if they're stepping up their efforts due the possibility of a President Biden & his jew-hating ilk.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Es unable lastima.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Es una lastima.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
BYE BYE

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/iy_BBBGBpqA

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
His bodyguard didn't do a very good job; I assume he will be fired. Oh, wait...he's dead too. Big Grin

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I wonder if it was Israel. Or if it was an inside job. My bet is the latter.

It was almost certainly Israel. They've carried out a number of actions against Iran's nuclear program over the decades, from airstrikes to cyber strikes to assassinations and bombings.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Good AMF!

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
If it was Israel, which is highly likely, I wonder if they're stepping up their efforts due the possibility of a President Biden & his jew-hating ilk.

That does make sense. Seems to me Biden is a puppet for Obama, who is very pro Iran.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a very visible hit, graphic, rather than a surgical, precision job.

Regardless....he gone. Happy thanksgiving!

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
There would be less problems in the world if this happened more often.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post