SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend a good LED headlamp for me
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a good LED headlamp for me Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

The Fenix HM23 would be a better fit since it's smaller, lighter, less complex, not crazy bright, and 1/2 the money.

Bought one last night, forgot to apply my darn discount code, oops.

They just emailed me back they are honoring the discount and I don't cancel and reorder or anything. Yea.
Have you received it? IF so, what are your impressions?

It actually came earlier than expected, but I didn't open it until last night.

Very impressed. Super light (both meanings). I wore it for an hour as a comfort test even though I only needed it for 15 minutes.

The light is great for working on things close up, but the dispersion is way to wide for something where you'd need a long throw. Effective range <50'.

Perfect for what the OP asked about though and this will now me my tinkering around the house and grilling light. I'll stick to the big boy I listed at beginning of the thread for work, but this would serve 80%+ of my work needs as well.

Hard to not give this an A or five stars or 9/10. Now to see if it lives up to the great claims it lists for run times.

Don't make fun of my gourmet dinner. No kitchen so I grilled some frozen fish patties and made fish sandwiches. Can't wait for work to slow down or to find a good drywall guy to get this thing ready for cabinets and the rest.

Did the light auto dim at any point? Some of the Amazon reviews complained about that.

Not that I noticed. Didn't have it on for extended time. It's bigger brother does lower from Turbo after 10 min or so.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
I'm VERY please with my nitecore NU32. I bought it for exactly the same purpose.

$40

https://www.nitecorestore.com/.../fl-nite-nu32-bk.htm

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post