SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Been almost 4 years since Lilli passed. Time to try a new pup to the family.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Been almost 4 years since Lilli passed. Time to try a new pup to the family. Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! I hope Molly's transition is buttery smooth.

As long as I have the time and ability, I will have a dog. (I have two now.)

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
That pup looks content with her new surroundings.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Hoping all works out for her, gorgeous pup and sounds great.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good match. I hope everything works out.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new member of your pack. Sounds like she'll fit in well and it's so good to see a (slightly) older pup "rescued." Well done!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This dog is so chill it is unreal could not ask for a better temperament. I have just never seen a dog under 3 be this laid back.
She has a heck of a ball drive but if the ball is not out she just lounges around and wants to be right with you.

She is eating and drinking normally but she has not gone to the bathroom at all since getting here. She went at my buddy’s place where she had been staying just before I got her about 0930 but has not gone at all here.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
She's a beauty. Gotta love a Lab!

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
she has not gone to the bathroom at all since getting here. She went at my buddy’s place where she had been staying just before I got her about 0930 but has not gone at all here.

Some labs can be "tankers" - my parents had a chocolate lab some years ago. You could leave her in the house for most of the day, then let her out. She would wander around for a bit, then stop and go (and go and go). It was as if she suddenly realized "I need make a pit stop while I'm out here".

Once you get her on a schedule, you'll see progress.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thanks for re-homing a dog! Looks like a good one.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is a beautiful girl. You are bringing her in at the perfect age. Our 3 year old black lab is absolutely perfect now. Her first year she was hell on wheels. The wife wanted her gone. She chewed everything and I mean everything. Jeep wiring, house siding,fiber optic cable, and on and on. Once we all survived the puppy stage she has turned out perfect with our 6 year old daughter. I watched them both running all around the yard last weekend while mowing and smiled the entire time. Every kid should have a good dog growing up.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the pup...

I've been married to my current (and last) wife for 13 years.
She had a dog when I met her, Malloy turned out to the the best dog ever.

But for whatever reason, we always had at least one dog for our dog.
Seems dogs being pack animals like having another dog around.

I can't imagine only having 1 dog..

We now have 3, all of them rescues...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Those are 3 happy dogs. Made me smile.

When I die, I am coming back as a Sigforum dog.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Need to figure out a good feeding schedule for her. She is a bit plump but skip get far more physical activity with us than she was getting.
She is about 75 lbs so Taste of the Wild suggests 3.5 cups per day so that is what she got spread out through the day with last meal being about 6.30pm. Went to bed about 10:00 pm and she woke me up about 2:30a. Figured since she did not pee much with us today she had to go.
Took her downstairs and she ran straight to the food bowl. Licking it like crazy.
So I gave her a 1/2 cup to which she made disappear quickly but was still pushing the bowl around. Gave her another 1/2 cup then took her outside to pee to which she did not.
5:00am she was waking me up again. I was expecting this as she woke up at 5am with the mom (who was the only one to do anything with her) at her old house each day. Mom worked 7-7 5 days a week.
So at 5am she ran right to the door.
My wife gets up at 5:30 to work out so I got up with the pup to take her for a walk. She ran down stairs and sat right at the door.
We went for a walk, wife is now working out downstairs, Molly is asleep on the floor next to me. I am typing to you all but should be back asleep for another 30 minutes before getting the boys up for school.
So hopefully she’ll get our schedule down quickly. I think I’ll probably feed her around 8:00pm for the last time. We generally get to bed about 10:00 so I will let her out about then.
5:00am walk won’t be so bad as long as she is not getting me up around 2:30a to eat.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Your report on Molly does the heart good! I love hearing happy success stories with animals.

Did she take a longer pee when you took her out for the walk?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post