SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Been almost 4 years since Lilli passed. Time to try a new pup to the family.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Been almost 4 years since Lilli passed. Time to try a new pup to the family. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
It’s been a long 4 years without a dog. Wife and I have both wanted another since Lilli passed but with 2 boys then a 3rd we had lots going on and lots of diapers. The youngest is now out of diapers and the oldest 2 can actually help a little bit.
Due to some circumstances unrelated to the dog some folks have to give up their 2 year old charcoal lab. Wife and I both want a female lab. This one is house broken and well trained and used to 3 small boys.
We’re going to see how she does with us for a while. Here is to hoping she meshes well with us and we mesh with her.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
She’s a great looking pup. I hope it works out for y’all.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe it has been 4 years.

I am always saddened when anyone looses a Dog.

Claire is the fourth Labrador who has graced us with her presence.

We are big fans of Labs, in fact we had two Labs before we had our two children.

All that said, what a beautiful Lab. I will keep my fingers crossed that it works out for your family.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Sounds like y'all needed each other, hope she works out. Good luck.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of our granddogs is a black lab, or as I know him a "charcoal sock hound". Great old dog. Here's hoping your new addition settles in for the long term.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 169 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Labs have great reputations as family dogs. I'm sure the new addition will work out well. A very pretty dog.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
That's a good lookin pup! What's her name?

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Nice looking dog. Sometimes fate gives us a (good) boot in the derriere. Looks like fate might be at your 6 on this one.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
That's a good lookin pup! What's her name?

Molly

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Looks like Molly is settling in fine - if that picture of her on the couch is any indication. Smile

Hope it goes well and the kids have a new fur-sister to grow up with.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Looks like Molly is settling in fine - if that picture of her on the couch is any indication. Smile

Hope it goes well and the kids have a new fur-sister to grow up with.

I go pick her up in a couple hours. That is at my buddy’s place where she has been for a few days.

————————————————

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We have had labs for 40 years and loved them all. They helped raise our 4 kids and now grandkids. They are great family dogs and especially good with small children, as well as being great retrievers. When they bring you a sock or a shoe or whatever they are showing that they can bring things to provide to the pack. Enjoy your new pack member.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
She's beautiful. It's hard living without a dog in the house. Hope you have a happy and long time together.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
She's beautiful.

She most certainly is.

quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
It's hard living without a dog in the house.

Yes it is. It's been ~6 weeks since we lost our yellow lab, Remy. I still look for her every day when I come home.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
What a sweet face, good luck Molly, you deserve only the best!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
She’s a beauty, I hope she finds a forever home with your family

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed she found her forever home and you and your family found a forever pup! Smile

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Labs are such beautiful dogs. I couldn’t have gone 4 years without a dog.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Beautiful dog. Best of luck with all that.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
She hopped right in the truck with me. Brought her home and took her for a walk to get used to the smells on the street. Walks perfect on the leash.
Oldest boy was used to his friends lab that has no manners and is pretty so he was not to enthused. I talked to him for a bit and she is very well mannered no jumping, very gentle, and mellow. He is so hyped!
We left to get lunch and get her a duck from Cabelas. Left her home for about 2 hours she had the whole first floor. Nothing out of place and nothing torn up.
Oldest boy and his buddy are being wild out here on the bikes and she is just laying next to me keeping watch.
Going to get the 2 younger boys from school here in a little bit. They were much more excited when I told them I would have a dog with me when I pick I them up.

Switching her over to Taste of the Wild food as that is what I fed Lilli and did well. This pup needs to loose a little weight and she has some dry skin patches.
So hope to get that cleared up.

Her temperament is awesome. Hopefully she is a good sleeper. She is supposed to be.

————————————————