Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fresh Ink Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I wonder what the purpose of going through the rest of your life with a lizard and gibberish text is all about?

This is exactly what my brothers would say to me or I them. I would not say it to a stranger or acquaintance because I don't care about them. Just the way we were raised. Looking for a response that makes sense.
But then, I don't get why you put tattoos on places you can't see them either. Different generation

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arc, I think it looks great. I have a couple that i have had for a long time. Kinda wish I had done color back then, but just mono(black). One is an armadillo, which he artist who had been in the business for a long time had never done. People ask "why an Armadillo - never seen one like that before" My answer is "exactly" - My nephew just had an Armadillo done in color, because he said he had always liked mine.

If it gives you pleasure, I say go for it..... others don't have to understand.

Posts: 168 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Took about 3 hours. I had a nice nap.

Wow. That's some dang fine work. I like how the image has depth to it.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm very pleased with the work.

I'll be going back for a piece that incorporates the Liberty Tree.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I never knew much about tattoos until my partner at work got the position. we worked 30-40 hours a week with each other for 8 months. he had a big piece on his chest, and was working on a sleeve. Most of them for him were video game references incorporated in his personal designs. I'd never had the opportunity to talk to someone that closely about ink until him. It was really cool to hear about his stories and the tattoos he had and the ones he wanted. He had 3 planned when he passed away last June. I still don't really bring up tattoos with random people, but I do understand them more and think they're damn cool, even if I'm so indecisive that I could never make up my mind as to what I'd want.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
You have some excellent ink work Arc! I really like the black and white as it is excellent! The new one is beautiful.

Educate me on the meaning of the salamander and fire. Have not heard of that myth to which you refer.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
quote:
But I wonder what the purpose of going through the rest of your life with a lizard and gibberish text is all about?

This is exactly what my brothers would say to me or I them. I would not say it to a stranger or acquaintance because I don't care about them. Just the way we were raised. Looking for a response that makes sense.
But then, I don't get why you put tattoos on places you can't see them either. Different generation

LOL I knew a girl that had a tramp stamp with her boyfriend's name. She's had a lot of boyfriends since him I wonder if the ask her who he is when they are birddogging her. I hate them but it's not my body. Adults can do what they want I guess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: charlie12,

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Nice salamander.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
Educate me on the meaning of the salamander and fire. Have not heard of that myth to which you refer.

They were long thought to be impervious to fire, and to to live in it or be renewed by it. Many cultures have art/references to them.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks Arc. It is a beautiful piece of art.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
nice work on the tat! ive got 16 so far and this is the first part of a larger piece that I got in early Oct. tats are generally pretty personal and if someone doesn't get it, its their loss, no biggie. now days, those without a tat seem to be in the minority.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
what does it say?

"can't be worn down." A more concise "Illegitimi non carborundum" and also not faux latin.

I'm more familiar with the longer phrase... we used to use it in referring to supervisors

quote:
What amphibian is associated with fire in myth?

I knew it was a salamander because of the inclusion of fire...Salamandra salamandra...elemental Fire. But I have to admit that the first character that popped into my mind when I read the above was Charizard...comes from raising pre-teens

BTW, it is beautiful,especially the shading.

Tattoos aren't my personal choice, but I've long admired some great ink work

Charizard, don’t get rid of those cards without checking the going price.

Nice Inking Arc your artist does great work!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post