SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man shoots victim two times and drives over him all over a road kill Raccoon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man shoots victim two times and drives over him all over a road kill Raccoon Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
It all started with a man walking in Mason County, dragging a dead raccoon behind him.

But Mason County Sheriff’s Office investigators are still trying to piece together the incident that ended with a shooting and hit-and-run late Sunday morning near Allyn.

The man was walking along Route 3 near Lake Devereaux Road. “The raccoon was clearly roadkill,” said Lt. Travis Adams.

The man told investigators he planned to use it as bait in a crab pot.

But some motorists got upset when they saw the man pulling the carcass along the road with a 15-foot rope.

“They thought the raccoon was a dog,” Adams said. “And they were very incensed that he was dragging this dead dog down the road.”

An argument ensued between the man and someone in a black pickup. The walking man was shot twice.

“Fortunately they were both grazing wounds to his legs,” Adams said.

Then the man was run over by the pickup, Adams said. He was taken to the hospital, and he seems to be doing OK, Adams said.

The man’s name and age were not released.

Deputies were out on the scene Tuesday to follow up on the case. Investigators also reviewed videos from the scene, and interviewed occupants from another vehicle that had contact with the man.

They also received confirmation that the carcass was a raccoon, not an opossum, which is what officials originally reported, Adams said.

Authorities are still looking for the shooting suspect, who is believed to have driven an older black Ford F150 pickup, according to the Mason County Sheriff’s Twitter feed.

http://www.theolympian.com/new...rticle158439494.html

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It started with a dead raccoon, and ended with a man shot and hit by truck

interesting way of writing the story title, I wonder if the Truck had a valid carry permit...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Mason County, fun capitol of Western Washington

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well if I had acquired a racoon carcass off the road, I'd also pull it with a 15' rope Wink No freaking way, I'm getting my mitts on it if I can't help it.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
A lot going on. The OP really needs to fill out his general area of residence. Most of us have no idea where the incident too place. Some of the other posters imply its western Washington state.

Around here, depending on how fresh the coon was, we might think its supper. Reminds me of two photos. One has a dead possum and a sign saying "free cat". The other a dead coon with a "get well soon" baloon tied to a foot. My kind of people.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

It started with a dead raccoon,...... and ended with a man shot and hit by truck

Oh, those pesky racoons!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why Tennessee was going through my head when I read this, but what do I know, I live in Alabama. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Hey...some of my best friends are raccoons Wink...

seriously, my first thought too was this sounds like something that would happen in Tennessee (or Alabama) Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Hey...some of my best friends are raccoons Wink...

seriously, my first thought too was this sounds like something that would happen in Tennessee (or Alabama) Big Grin

Maybe I was thinking of this guy? Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Hey...some of my best friends are raccoons Wink... [QUOTE]

Kramden and Norton, right? Smile

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Crab pot...good cover story!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
My Dad had a home about 15 minutes from Allyn back several years ago.

I've driven through there countless times.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
This country has surly gone to shit when a man c'aint even walk his 'coon without being shotified and runtover.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
Mason County, fun capitol of Western Washington

Out on the Olympic Peninsula but really not much around.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...n_County,_Washington

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It started with a road killed raccoon and ended with a nearly road killed man.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Whack job fer sure.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I can hear the story now.

"Well the reason I am limping is that I was dragging my coon....."

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I'm not sure why Tennessee was going through my head when I read this, but what do I know, I live in Alabama. Wink

I don't wanna know what kind of crabs you'd be catching with a Tennessee racoon.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
If that's what they eat, I'll never look at crab legs the same ever again!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the other white meat Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post