SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone Charging Technology
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone Charging Technology Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Have a wireless mount in the car. Far easier. Lightning cable on the nightstand.

I've been thinking about one of these, which do you have?

For the OP: I've got a Yootech wireless charger on my desk that works well.
My old phone (Galaxy Note4) had to be replaced when the charge port stopped working, so I do agree that it saves on wear/tear on the port. Though, the Apple charger is a male-end plug, so maybe a bit less prone to damage/wear than the Micro-USB plugs on the former generation of android phones.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15269 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Have a wireless mount in the car. Far easier. Lightning cable on the nightstand.

Until Black chimes in, I'll throw in what I have. I'm very please with it. It closes automatically when you place your phone on it which is nice and it adjusts to your particular phone size.

andobil Wireless Car Charger Mount, Auto Clamping 7.5W /10W Fast Charging Qi Car Phone Holder Air Vent Dashboard Compatible iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/ 8/8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S10 /S10+/S9 /S9+/S8 /S8+ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H...cp_taa_lE7aDbB9ACJE8

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

For the OP: I've got a Yootech wireless charger on my desk that works well.
My old phone (Galaxy Note4) had to be replaced when the charge port stopped working, so I do agree that it saves on wear/tear on the port. Though, the Apple charger is a male-end plug, so maybe a bit less prone to damage/wear than the Micro-USB plugs on the former generation of android phones.

Got it out off eBay not sure the brand had a bunch of good reviews and works great. I just upgraded to the iPhone XR from the 8 and the XR fits but is a touch to big so looking for new ones.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went wireless. I have Platinum case on my IPhone and it charges fine. Only use the plug in my truck.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use the magnetic all the time. Rarely use the port. I use a stand type charger and have one at home and at work. Much prefer it.

I’m with Chongo. Really surprised at how much I like it; if my Accord had the latest wireless CarPlay I would never need to plug the phone in. I sense frequent plugging and unplugging as the potential weak point of the iPhone X.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I tried wireless charging in my brother in law's Tacoma. Really inconsistent. The phone would move off of the charging 'spot' while driving.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15269 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Qi on my Note9. Works great even with a defender case on it.

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Limits case choices unless you want to remove case for charging. Needs to be a thin non-metallic case. HD protective cases like Otterbox are too thick and charging won’t work.

Got a magnetic phone holder for the car? Pick one or the other- metal plate on/in the phone/case will not allow for wireless charging.

That said, I do use a wireless charger. Had to buy new holders for the cars though as we had been using the magnet ones.
lots of erroneous information in your post.
1. Otterbox makes more than 1 style of case and my Otterbox Commuter works fine with my wireless charger
2. You can have both a magnetic car holder and a wireless charger but they cannot overlap. I removed my metal plate, trimmed my plate to be smaller, and glued it next to the camera on my iPhone X. It does not overlap with my wireless charger in this configuration but it did in its original location (prior to removal, trimming, and gluing). Charges wirelessly and I can use magnetic mount in my truck.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post