SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pruitt out at EPA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pruitt out at EPA Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Trump just tweeted

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for the "why". Haven't found anything yet.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well, that sucks.

He was doing a great job in reining in an out-of-control organization.

I'm sure the Left will be crowing. Mad

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Trump:

I have accepted the resignation of Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. Within the Agency Scott has done an outstanding job, and I will always be thankful to him for this. The Senate confirmed Deputy at EPA, Andrew Wheeler, will on Monday assume duties as the acting Administrator of the EPA. I have no doubt that Andy will continue on with our great and lasting EPA agenda. We have made tremendous progress and the future of the EPA is very bright!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
From Zero Hedge:

quote:

EPA Inspector General Investigations:

1. Inspector General (IG) investigation to explore the frequency, cost, and extent of Pruitt’s travel: On August 28, 2017, the EPA IG’s Office announcedthat it would be opening an investigation into the frequency of Pruitt’s travels to Oklahoma. The investigation was also intended to determine “whether EPA policies and procedures are sufficiently designed to prevent fraud, waste and abuse with the Administrator’s travel that included trips to Oklahoma.” The probe was expandedin January 2018 to include Pruitt’s travels through the end of 2017, including to Morocco, a trip which cost $100,000.

2. IG investigation into Pruitt’s meeting with an industry group: EPA IG opened an investigation in December 2017 to analyze Pruitt’s April 2017 meeting with a coal mining industry group, the National Mining Association. Reportedly, Pruitt urged association members in the meeting to request that President Trump pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate deal. Democrats from the House Energy and Commerce Committee released a letter from EPA IG Arthur Elkins Jr. confirming the review of the meeting.

3. IG investigation into Pruitt’s spending on a secure phone booth: In response to a request from House Oversight Committee Ranking Member Frank Pallone, the EPA IG in December 2017 opened an investigation into how the agency decided to spend “more than $25,000 installing a secure, soundproof communications booth” for Pruitt’s office. Since the start of the investigation, new spending details have been released indicating that the booth actually cost closer to $43,000. In a hearing before the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Pruitt claimed that he had no knowledge of the booth’s cost during its construction process, but rather that his staff had signed off on it.

4. IG investigation into Pruitt’s use of Safe Drinking Water Act hiring authority: In January 2018, the EPA IG’s Office began an investigation into “the Office of the Administrator’s use of its authority to fill administratively determined positions created pursuant to the Safe Drinking Water Act Amendment of 1978.” Pruitt or his staff had used this specialized authority, intended for hiring experts quickly, to hire a number of political staff for his personal office.

5. IG investigation over questionable spending on Pruitt’s security detail:In April 2018, it was reported that the EPA IG was conducting a previously undisclosed probe into “questionable spending by [Pruitt’s] swollen security detail.” The team tasked with protecting Pruitt had been accruing expenses upward of $3 million from salary, overtime, and travel expenses, far morethan Pruitt’s predecessors.

6. IG investigation to audit compliance with Trump’s 2-For-1 order:In April 2018, the EPA IG’s office opened an investigation into the agency’s compliance with Trump’s executive order that directed agencies to retire two regulations for an new regulation issued.

7. IG investigation into Pruitt’s conduct in office:In April 2018, Congressman Ted Lieu and Don Beyer released an EPA IG letter to the public that confirmed his office was reviewing Pruitt’s conduct while in office. This includes a look into Pruitt’s $50-a-night condo rental from a lobbyist, and the agency’s ex post facto ethics approval of the arrangement.

8. IG investigation into Pruitt’s use of security detail on personal trips to Disneyland and the Rose Bowl: After a request from Senator Whitehouse, the EPA IG office confirmed in April of 2018 that they were looking into Pruitt’s use of a taxpayer-funded security detail on vacation to Disneyland, the Rose Bowl, and on other personal trips.

9. IG investigation into Pruitt’s condo rental: Separate from #7, the EPA IG’s office confirmed in April 2018 that they were reviewing Pruitt’s $50-a-night condo rental and lease. This was after Democrats from both the House and Senate called on the IG to review the arrangement, which was between Pruitt and the wife of a lobbyist with energy clients who had business before the EPA at the time Pruitt lived in the condo.

10. IG investigation into Pruitt’s use of multiple email accounts: EPA’s IG Arthur Elkins released a letter on May 15 saying his office would investigate whether Pruitt complied with EPA policy and federal law when using multiple email accounts, in response to a request from Democratic Senators Tom Carper (DE) and Jeff Merkley (OR). The investigation will also explore whether all of Pruitt’s accounts were searched in response to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.

Link

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
He may have been steering EPA in the right direction, but apparently flunked out of Government Ethics training.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks PASig.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The Senate confirmed Deputy at EPA, Andrew Wheeler, will on Monday assume duties as the acting Administrator of the EPA.

The knives are already being sharpened for this guy. The libs/media will not tolerate anyone who is not a rabid acolyte of the Church of Global Warming.

He Lobbied for Coal. Now He’s In the Trump Administration, and Watching His Words

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems similar to the reasons the Tom Price was fired. Too many investigations by the IG and questionable expenditures. When the focus becomes investigations into behavior it is time to go.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He may have been steering EPA in the right direction, but apparently flunked out of Government Ethics training.

Well put. It is actually pretty simple to follow. I think in many instances it is a question of character. Patronage may be fine in Chicago government, but it has no place in the Federal Government. Dan Rostenkowski was a good example. They finally got him on abusing franking privileges if I recall correctly.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

Excess spending, ie sound proof room in his office. Lavish trips that apparently little to do with his jobs. Freedom of information act showed he asked staff to find reasons for him to travel to xyz places. Lack of transparency with regard to his schedule. Trying to win his wife job opportunities/favors. I don't doubt his work in the EPA was fruitful, but he sure seems shady based on what I know about him.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:

Excess spending, ie sound proof room in his office. Lavish trips that apparently little to do with his jobs. Freedom of information act showed he asked staff to find reasons for him to travel to xyz places. Lack of transparency with regard to his schedule. Trying to win his wife job opportunities/favors. I don't doubt his work in the EPA was fruitful, but he sure seems shady based on what I know about him.

Inasmuch as these only ALLEGATIONS, he should be out if proved true.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why? He got greedy! And didn't care about it. Ingraham called the President to fire him and guess what... adios! Trump didn't need the b.s.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well put. It is actually pretty simple to follow. I think in many instances it is a question of character. Patronage may be fine in Chicago government, but it has no place in the Federal Government. Dan Rostenkowski was a good example. They finally got him on abusing franking privileges if I recall correctly.

at one point they were calling him Rostie the Postman

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:

Inasmuch as these only ALLEGATIONS, he should be out if proved true.

Why are you so protective of Pruitt? HR and the IG don’t need a prosecutor or grand jury to dump someone’s dirty ass and Pruitt was a dirty ass. The 10 accusations from Zero Hedge would have been easy work for HR/IG to prove or disprove.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
or he resigned because he decided it wasn't worth dealing with leftist BS every time he went out in public.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
or he resigned because he decided it wasn't worth dealing with leftist BS every time he went out in public.

This implies he has done nothing wrong, and the leftists are simply out to get him.

This is an eye opening listen. Granted it's NPR, but IMO, Terry Gross is fair, and doesn't have an agenda here.

https://www.npr.org/programs/f...a-chief-scott-pruitt

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Trumps a businessman. Screw up, don't do the job and you get fired. Just the way it should be. Politicians cover it up, move them or ignore the issue.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Trumps a businessman. Screw up, don't do the job and you get fired. Just the way it should be. Politicians cover it up, move them or ignore the issue.

Apparently, he was doing the job and that was the reason he lasted so long despite his character and ethics issues.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post