SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does your auto insurance cover something like this? (shooting related video)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your auto insurance cover something like this? (shooting related video) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
https://rumble.com/embed/vdu5xv/?pub=4

^ This may or may not have made it's way here at some point. My thought watching it, oddly, was more about the guy who's truck this happened in front of, and no doubt had a few extra holes afterwards. Unless you have comprehensive coverage, you're SOL I guess.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Simple argument. Were they acting in an official capacity as store employees, at simply being good citizens and helping out the local cops.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Might seem extreme on my part, but if you start swinging at the cops with a screwdriver, I no longer care what comes of you. This moron got exactly what he had coming to him.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure as to the OP question but any idea on how the officer that was stabbed came out of this?

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Three of the four employees fired, I assume the guy that didn’t fire was the owner of the truck LOL.

Unfortunately I have no other information about this incident, or even the site the video is hosted on. The link as presented was how I received it, no idea where or when this was.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
No clue, I'd be extremely pissed either way. Even if it did cover it, my car is extremely rare, it was only made for three years and only one year in it's color, and it's the least produced color. I've only ever seen one like it in the two years I've owned mine. Also go to KBB.com and look up the value of your car right now, prices are thousands higher than they were 6-8 months ago, it's shocking. I'd probably be short $5k and have to cover the difference, plus my car only has 8,000 miles on it. I'd never find a two year old unicorn with that low milage.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say what you like about this incident, but one thing is very clear: These "suspects" are becoming more and more bold, and more violent. Prior to the shooting, the dude went into a classroom and attempted a handgun theft, in full view of everyone! Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Slightly more info: WATCH: Suspect Shot Dead After Trying to Rob a Gun Range

Here's a bunch of DDG hits searching on "Las Vegas gun range man killed attack cop screwdriver": https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Las+...river&t=brave&ia=web

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
These "suspects" are becoming more and more bold, and more violent.

Not surprising, given the excuses being made for bad behavior and the heat the cops get for stopping it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Who pays for the damage to the truck when it only has liability the store employees’ bullets are in it?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Also go to KBB.com and look up the value of your car right now, prices are thousands higher than they were 6-8 months ago, it's shocking.

Just did for fun, private party value was $1k more than I paid brand new, 2020 Tundra.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
I'm not sure as to the OP question but any idea on how the officer that was stabbed came out of this?

Found this from back in Feb. I hope he has recovered.

quote:
The injured officer was treated at a hospital and is recovering from stab wounds and a broken facial bone. Her name wasn’t made public.

https://www.usnews.com/news/be...ied-to-steal-firearm

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Mr. Peyton succumbed to extreme stupidity on three different occasions then accepted the room temperature challenge issued by four individuals.

A short green witness was quoted as saying "Strong was the stupid this one had...mmmMMmm"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
As an aside, the only day-time gun store robbery that ever took place in THIS country resulted in the would-be thief, who had jammed the roughly sawn-off muzzles of a 12g up under the chin of the owner, taking a 158gr JHP through the side of his crash helmet - put there by the gun that was used by the guy he hadn't noticed.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is another link to the original story.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/...er-shooting-2276228/

The officer is recovering at home.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/...ing-at-home-2274229/

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Odd that the perp walked outside to wait for police willingly and then decided to get violent when they approached him. What did he think the police were arriving for?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
To the OP's question - Yes, if you had Comprehensive/Other Than Collision coverage, then it would be covered by your auto insurance. They would then subrogate against the Range...which leads to Mars' question.

If the truck only had liability coverage, the Range's General Liability policy would cover the damage.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wow, just wow. I'd guess the range will cover the damages out of goodwill. The room temp guy got what he deserved. And as a side note, as you make it harder for folks to buy guns, they invent new ways. Makes me dislike criminals even more.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Odd that the perp walked outside to wait for police willingly and then decided to get violent when they approached him. What did he think the police were arriving for?

Realization set in of seriousness of the mistake he made.... Panic sets in and you do stupid shit...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was in Vegas. They publish summaries and available video of their OISes within a few days of occurrence.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post