SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What kind of snake is this
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of snake is this Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted
What is this?

I don't like the shape of its head

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Get a little closer...

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Assuming you are located in N. America, it is not a venomous snake. The only NA venomous snake with a body shaped like that is a coral snake, but its coloration is very distinctive.

A close up of the head and a geographical location would be helpful for ID.

Assuming you are in Georgia, this site should prove very useful: Savanna River Ecology Laboratory

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That is a Northern Brown Snake if it's only about a foot long.
Harmless. Relative of the rat snake.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“I don't like the shape of its head”

He’s probably not wild about the shape of your head, either.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Or the size, I suspect. That little guy would have a difficult time choking most of us down.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t look poisonous to me, but it is hard to tell exactly what snake it is. I was thinking it might be a type of water snake.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go with Dekay's Brownsnake. Harmless. The wife finds them while weeding and just tosses them to the side with the weeds.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Posts: 27839 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post