SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dinesh D'Souza : "My pardon is dangerous to the left's ideology"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dinesh D'Souza : "My pardon is dangerous to the left's ideology" Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am hoping to go and see this movie this week.

Interesting to note, I just checked “Flixster” app to see show times and noticed that “Death of a Nation” is the ONLY movie listed that has no critic review rating, only audience review rating (90%) Flixster shows the ratings provided by a Rotten Tomato...

Kinda proves the point that those in the entertainment business are in the bag. Critics won’t even review the movie lest even bad reviews give it some publicity and legitimacy. Better to just ignore it’s existence and hope now one notices it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Wow, I never realized he was sentenced to life-long "psychiatric counseling".

Just wow.
Sentences in federal cases are a matter of public record, available online at PACER.gov for a small fee.

Fees are waived if your charges would amount to less than $15 in any quarter.

There you could see that he was not sentenced to "life long psychiatric counseling." In interviews about his sentence back in 2014, D'Souza himself explained he was required to attend counseling while on probation, not for life. Counseling is not unusual in sentencing, as one of the goals of criminal sentences is rehabilitation.

However, anyone who knows how our criminal justice system works doesn't even need to look it up to see the "life long" claim is not true, and a defendant could only be sentenced to counseling while I'm custody or on probation, not for life.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So when will Rosie O'Donnell be charged and sentenced for the exact same "crime", having been 4 times (or more) egregious in her campaign donations?

I think I know the answer...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
A Clinton supporter who dares question the pardons that President Trump (or any president) gives out is truly the height of hypocrisy. The book Final Days covers the pardons Clinton gave out during his final days in office, and let me tell you: The pardons were for sale to anyone willing and able to buy them. Ethics be damned - the Clintons wanted money.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
D'Souza is an extremely bright guy, saw his Obama film in the theater and thought it was well done.

Interesting tidbit- D'Souza and Ingraham were once engaged to marry.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
8. Robert Byrd, a former Dragon of the Klan, remained a Democrat till his death and was lionized by the leaders of Democratic Party

and half the stuff in W. Virginia is named after him, yet nobody is clamoring for them to be renamed.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just wow.

That is straight-up Soviet Union/KGB. Obama's fascism is more evident all of the time.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

Just wow.

That is straight-up Soviet Union/KGB. Obama's fascism is more evident all of the time.

The problem is it's not true. See my post above. Roll Eyes

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mrs DF and I went to see Death of a Nation tonight. My only regret is that those who need to see it will not.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Mrs DF and I went to see Death of a Nation tonight. My only regret is that those who need to see it will not.

Those were my exact thoughts when the wife and I walked out tonight. We even drove to the next town to see it because our local theater only has one showing and that was at 1650.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The wife and I saw it tonight. 4 people in the theater, including us. Sad.
Worth seeing.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post