SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Major drug bust in affluent Georgia homes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Major drug bust in affluent Georgia homes Login/Join 
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
That's how we roll here in Flowery Branch.

See what I did there?

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Nobody named Phuc Dup or Hi As Phuc?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
But no long duc dong.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Oregon just reported distributing $28,000,000 in what I take for the first taxes on the local pot industry.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
If you divide the number of pounds (300) they found and divide by their $7,168,900, you get $23,000 per pound. I know they claim there were 1,500 plants growing, but how do they convert a growing plant in a dry product and produce the weight and price it will sell for?

No doubt they were big time sellers, but why inflate the prices? They make it look like they put a dent in the market while what comes in the country from Mexico every day makes this grow house look small scale.

Many call it "Police Math", which is made up nonsense with no real basis in reality. Depending on the area, sometimes they weigh the pots, dirt, stalks, fertilizer, and the rest and add that up as though it's that much in actual sell-able flower, then multiply it by what they think a pound sells for at retail on New Years Eve or some nonsense. It's really just about stacking charges and inflating headlines and other bullshit. I bet you'd get a more accurate sense of what was actually seized if you just divide the number by 4 or 5.

Granted - it's only partially the police's fault, they didn't write the stupid ass math rules.

But it's still nonsense, and just plain wrong / a perversion of justice in every regard.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
If you divide the number of pounds (300) they found and divide by their $7,168,900, you get $23,000 per pound. I know they claim there were 1,500 plants growing, but how do they convert a growing plant in a dry product and produce the weight and price it will sell for?

No doubt they were big time sellers, but why inflate the prices? They make it look like they put a dent in the market while what comes in the country from Mexico every day makes this grow house look small scale.

Many call it "Police Math", which is made up nonsense with no real basis in reality. Depending on the area, sometimes they weigh the pots, dirt, stalks, fertilizer, and the rest and add that up as though it's that much in actual sell-able flower, then multiply it by what they think a pound sells for at retail on New Years Eve or some nonsense. It's really just about stacking charges and inflating headlines and other bullshit. I bet you'd get a more accurate sense of what was actually seized if you just divide the number by 4 or 5.

Granted - it's only partially the police's fault, they didn't write the stupid ass math rules.

But it's still nonsense, and just plain wrong / a perversion of justice in every regard.

They multiply that weight by what the pot would sell for by the gram (highest price per unit) to get an astronomical dollar figure. But these guys aren't going to be selling 3,000lbs by gram bags, that's for sure.

You know I'm sure CNN will turn it around to be racist. These poor Vietnamese couldn't survive because the racist people in Georgia weren't eating at their Vietnamese restaurants so they had to resort to growing pot to feed their families........LOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Not a L’Quan, Tyree, Bubba or Jose in the bunch. My how the demographics have changed!

Who do you think is buying it?

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
"Damn! All Vietnamese. Shameful. Roll Eyes"

They were probably just financing a P228 collection. Big Grin

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Not a L’Quan, Tyree, Bubba or Jose in the bunch. My how the demographics have changed!

True.........

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Yeah, it's all about the taxes now. In 2017 Colorado has already surpassed $1 Billion in legal sales in the first 9mos, which generated about $125M in taxes in the same period (there was an article about it in the Denver Post recently, outlining the numbers). And once the Recreational aspect is going full bore in California, many think it'll be 3-5x bigger.

I read that article linked via the DP and they said taxes and fees so far this year from MJ products were $162M. I also read another article claiming that since 2014 the state of CO has collected a half billion in taxes. And that the rate of tax collections is still growing from year to year. In 2016 it took 10 months to sell a billion dollars worth of MJ, but in 2017 it took 8 months. Link to article

Anyhow, was mostly just trying to add some additional clarification.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'd buy some and my name isn't any one of those.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wholeheartedly support reclassification/descheduling and an alcohol like legal model, and like beer - people ought to be able to make/grow their own at home

Yep.

quote:
In Washington State it's all about the tax revenue. The government hates competition.

The hypocrisy and brute force of government knows no bounds.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dakota, Jenny, Alicia, Jonathan, the High School teacher around the block, the Librarian...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Nobody named Phuc Dup or Hi As Phuc?

No, no. You're confusing these entrepreneurs with the pilots of that Korean airlines that nosedived at SFO a few years back! Like Sum Ting Wong, remember?

Give them credit for promoting "Made in the USA!"

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
I sincerely wish that all other states would legalize it.
Just so all the bi-polar schizo-effective disorder low lifes that moved to Colorado would have new opportunities to go somewhere else congenial to self medicate and gigge in their cheerios.

Maybe there are crowds of productive, hard-working, tax-paying middle-class upstanding citizens who toke a doobie every once in a while, but that's not what I see.

Just the opppsite.

Posts: 593 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
I regularly hear people who voted in favor of it express how they had no idea what the result would be. They now regret being so uninformed and have changed 180.

Posts: 593 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john1:
I regularly hear people who voted in favor of it express how they had no idea what the result would be. They now regret being so uninformed and have changed 180.

Last year I was talking with some drug and alcohol councilors attached to a local drug court, during our discussion they told me that Oregon is starting to see an increase in child welfare cases. The cause is neglect based upon parents who are high on Marijuana.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post