SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Accepted a new job today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accepted a new job today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the new job! Hope it works out for you.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you on the new job!

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

I hope you enjoy the new position.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

I always toyed with the idea and applied a couple of times for a position as supply technician (purchasing agent).

Once a got my experience I wanted to deploy with the Army Corp of Engineers.

Keep us updated once you start and let us know how you like it.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Congrats and I hope you enjoy the new job!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the congratulations.

My supervisor let me know that my start date will be 25 June. I will have the same supervisor as I do now, but will be on a different level of the dam.

I will have to bring a photo to hang on the wall so that I have a simulated window.

If any of you rapscallions ever make it through my neck of the woods stop in and I'll buy you a beverage.

Dave

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go Dave.

what GS level can you go up to?

I was a 7 when I was at the DOD, but the best I could ever do was a 9, without getting a completely different job.

Getting a different job was fiercely competitive back then. Maybe still is.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Way to go Dave.

what GS level can you go up to?

I was a 7 when I was at the DOD, but the best I could ever do was a 9, without getting a completely different job.

Getting a different job was fiercely competitive back then. Maybe still is.

This position caps at a GS 7, and I will be going in at step 10. The upside is I have less than a year until I have 25 years federal service so best case is I retire at the end of this term in two years at 50 years of age and go work for myself. Worst case is I retire in seven years at 55 years of age with 31 years federal service and go work for myself.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Best of luck!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post