SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Accepted a new job today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accepted a new job today Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
I lost my job in August 2012 when the Chemical Depot shut down (mission complete), and went on severance pay until December 2012 when I took a pay cut to a GS-7 Program Assistant (admin assistant), and then in January 2015 I took a pay cut again to eliminate commute time (my drive each way went from two hours to 30 minutes).

Well today at the place where I have been working since Jan 2015 (McNary Lock & Dam in Umatilla, OR) I accepted a position back at the GS 7 level as a supply technician (purchasing agent). I don't have a start date yet, but I am sure it will be in the next month or so as it took a while from my resume to be accepted until I got an interview.

So new adventures ahead, and I will be able to pay off some debt a little sooner.

My best to all of you, and Para thank you for running such a tight ship.

Dave

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Awesome news. Congrats.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Splendid. Congratulations!

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, wish you the best!

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great news!

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

quote:
Umatilla, OR

Beautiful country, I was out there a couple of months ago for all the military happenings and such.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Dave. Nothing like getting a job to bring a smile to a face.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
good deal. life got easier

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Good news, happy for you. Hey, by the way, what say you let me hold fi dollah? I'll git you back on the flip side...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an ease to some burdens. Congrats

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Good for you! I was under employed for a period after 9/11. It sucked. Glad you're back on your feet!

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Good news! Congrats!

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Great news, Dave! Good luck with the new position!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good news is always good to hear

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
That's great I hope it all works out good for you.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good news! Congrats!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Dave.

Best wishes to you on the new job. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
congrats

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Good news! Glad to hear it. Good luck with the position!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post