SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of our officers was just shot
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of our officers was just shot Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
We were doing an Op with another division. We were split up and they were at our main HQ, meeting in the parking lot, a murder suspect that was on the run ambushed them. Officer should be ok. Murder suspect is dead.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/loc...adquarters/682570765

Fucking insane.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like suicide by cop, with intention of taking as many cops as he could with him. I hope your wounded officer recovers fully and soon.
No matter where you may be, your profession and uniform makes you a target. Stay safe.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Praying for the officer!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
We were doing an Op with another division. We were split up and they were at our main HQ, meeting in the parking lot, a murder suspect that was on the run ambushed them. Officer should be ok. Murder suspect is dead.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/loc...adquarters/682570765

Fucking insane.

Good to hear.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear your officer will be OK.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Holy moly.

I'll ask... How are you doing? I know you weren't the guy shot, but that happening on an operation you were involved in has to weigh on your mind.

No need to answer publicly. But if you need a pressure release valve, please reach out to someone.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’m good. I was not there, my group had just arrested someone.

Luckily, the bad guy picked probably the worse unit in the city to try to ambush at the moment. We went through 9,000 rounds of ammo at training two days ago.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad your officer is ok, also glad the perp isn’t.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fear No Beer
Picture of K9346
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a brother in LE.

We had an officer involved shooting last week with one of our guys. Luckily cop is ok and shitbag is DRT.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Back in Ok, finally | Registered: September 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
good to hear the officer will be ok....and also good to hear the bad guy is exactly where he should be!

Posts: 3112 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Terrible that the officer was shot, but very glad to hear he will be OK. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you guys, Chongo.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Damn Chongo. Just damn.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Glad your officer will be OK and that the person is not.
Bless the thin blue line that separates us from the animals.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Glad your officer will be OK and that the perp is not.
Bless the thin blue line that separates us from the animals.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
At least the right guy died.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
Glad your officer is ok, also glad the perp isn’t.

Glad the officer is OK!!!!

And the perp is exactly as he should be. DAID, kilt, decomposing.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Insane indeed. Speedy recovery for the injured officer.

Posts: 516 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: October 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Officer should be ok. Murder suspect is dead.

Best possible outcome given the circumstances. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery to your officer's wounds.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Glad your officer will be ok. They just showed it on the local news show in Baton Rouge.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post