SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Work truck broke down.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Work truck broke down. Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I'm sitting here in my old work truck, broke down on the rich side of town. Waiting for the tow truck to whisk me away.

So, how are you?

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Doing good Mark. Sounds like your safe & secure. Rich side of town?

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
... Rich side of town?
Yeah, they have the big houses and nice cars here. My truck doesn't belong.

It's at 216026.3 miles but I am hoping to get another two years out of it.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
... Rich side of town?

It's at 216026.3 miles but I am hoping to get another two years out of it.

I'd rather be out of place in my truck and safe, than in the hood, any day of the week!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
... Rich side of town?

BS. Your a working man. Your truck goes wherever you decide it goes. If not for you and your truck, that rich side of town wouldn't be looking rich.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Well, what's wrong? Flux capacitor again?

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
... Rich side of town?

BS. Your a working man. Your truck goes wherever you decide it goes. If not for you and your truck, that rich side of town wouldn't be looking rich.
True, true. Thanks, friend.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Bad starter.

posted Hide Post
Sorry Mark. Hope tomorrow's a better day.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
... Rich side of town?

You tell him!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feeling your pain!! I bought a new work van in April, and the battery is shitting the bed, with no time to take it to the dealership!

Just carrying a jump pack so I don't get stranded Mad

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Don't worry. The cops probably already have a report about your suspicious vehicle. *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
As long as Mark is not some old white guy with thinning hair, a light beard and wearing wire frame glasses, he's fine...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bad starter.

Did you try hitting it with a hammer? Sometimes that works.

Hope you get to where you need to be with the least hassle possible.

Posts: 795 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteer:
quote:
Bad starter.

Did you try hitting it with a hammer? Sometimes that works.

Hope you get to where you need to be with the least hassle possible.
Yeah. I gave it a good whack. No dice. It's at the shop. Maybe I'll have it back tomorrow or Monday.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
As long as Mark is not some old white guy with thinning hair, a light beard and wearing wire frame glasses, he's fine...
Big Grin What? Are you talking to a sketch artist? Big Grin

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Bad starter.

Tell her to push harder! I KEED, I KEED! Good luck Smile!

Mike

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just tell them that any work is a non-starter . . . .

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Nothing makes an old vehicle take a dump faster than a new set of tires.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Nothing makes an old vehicle take a dump faster than a new set of tires.

^^^^^Truth! Or any other new part, for that matter. Smile

Mike