SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friday Hilarity. Hillary compares to Churchill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday Hilarity. Hillary compares to Churchill Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
How can you make up stuff like this?

Hillary Clinton, in an interview with a British newspaper this week, appeared to compare herself to wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill while responding to a question about being a polarizing figure.

“I’m sure they said that about Churchill between the wars, didn’t they?” she told The Guardian when asked if she should withdraw from public life to help heal divisions in the U.S., given her reputation.

The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee then immediately claimed she wasn't actually comparing herself to Churchill, before going on to elaborate on the analogy.

Churchill went into the political wilderness between the two World Wars and during that time was a key voice criticizing then-Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain’s policy of appeasement toward Adolf Hitler. He would go on to become prime minister himself and help lead the Allies to victory in World War II.

The Guardian report notes that Clinton made the Churchill reference “a fraction too quickly for the line to sound spontaneous.”

Clinton continued: “I mean, I’m not comparing myself, but I’m just saying people said that, but he was right about Hitler, and a lot of people in England were wrong. And Churchill was a pain. He kept popping up all the time.”

Clinton indeed has remained a polarizing figure, with her popularity falling since the election, as she has stayed in the public eye with her book tour and media interviews.

She told the Guardian she is not going to “call it a day” anytime soon.

“It feels like a duty. It feels like patriotism, and it feels necessary. I’m not going anywhere,” she said.

Clinton also used the Guardian interview to comment on the separation of families at the border in the wake of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance policy” that ordered that all illegal border crossers be prosecuted. Trump has ordered the separations to be stopped, but critics are still fighting the prosecutions and other detentions.

Clinton said that she is worried that some of the minors may never been reunited, saying that that question is “keeping me up at night.”

“Absolutely I worry about that. I’m worried that some children will not be reunited,” she said.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I love the comparison between herself and the PM but find it a rather odd comparison of the current handling of illegal immigrant minors and their parents to WWII concentration camps.

It must a great to give your brain a lifetime off from critical thinking and be a liberal.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Churchill could shit a more coherent speech than Hillary will ever manage.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
She is so pathetic. This woman thinks she's due something. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
The only similarity that comes to mind is a shared affection for adult beverages, but even there, I suspect Mr. Churchill was far superior in both taste and capacity.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I was gonna say - there's some good whiskey over there, isn't there?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Comparing Hillary to Churchill is like comparing Hitler to Eisenhower.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
When Hillary does it, it is a sign of delusion, mental disorder.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
He could walk without falling down, she not so much.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine any person with the temerity to compare themselves to Churchill in any way.

He was certainly one of the great men of the 20th century. You better be damn careful when invoking his memory.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
They may not find some of the kids because they were purchased as props to get people into the US. Then they were discarded or abandoned or the sex trade.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I can't imagine any person with the temerity to compare themselves to Churchill in any way.

"I would really have liked to have met him" is about as close as I can get, myself.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I'm fatter than Churchill, and I do speak a form of English.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Maybe she self-identifies as a Churchill-type. Democrats can be anything! Any race or gender they pick!

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Churchill was despised by the left. Obama took his bust out of the White House.

Another excuse for Hillary,Obama removed me from the White House.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
She told the Guardian she is not going to “call it a day” anytime soon.

“It feels like a duty. It feels like patriotism, and it feels necessary. I’m not going anywhere,” she said.

I find this more troubling. Apparently she feels that running around promoting herself and trying to stay in the limelight feels just like patriotism!

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The only thing she has in common with Churchill is both are former politicians.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Cigars figured in both their lives.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post