SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The shutdown proves how redundant a lot of the government is
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The shutdown proves how redundant a lot of the government is Login/Join 
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Well OPM has released a statement saying RIF will not be used. There will be NO force reduction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by southernmaninla:
Well OPM has released a statement saying RIF will not be used. There will be NO force reduction.

That's disappointing...
This is an historic opportunity to reduce the size, scope and burden of a bloated, ineffective government.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Crazy Cakes Pelosi is in fine form this morning.

quote:

Nancy Pelosi suggests Trump either postpone his State of the Union address until after the government shutdown ends, or submit it in writing

Joe Perticone

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sent a letter to President Donald Trump on Wednesday suggesting the annual State of the Union address be postponed or that he submit it in writing, citing security concerns stemming from the government shutdown.

Ref: Nancy Pelosi suggests Trump either postpone his State of the Union address until after the government shutdown ends, or submit it in writing

The dominant media is billing this as "Pelosi has disinvited Trump..."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't believe I've ever seen someone so delusional in all my years on this earth.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nancy Pelosi sent a letter to President Donald Trump on Wednesday suggesting the annual State of the Union address be postponed or that he submit it in writing

It was good enough for George Washington....
But in the modern era of TV, I don't think so.
Besides... he could always give the address on the Senate side of the Capital, which would reach the same TV audience.... there just wouldn't be room in the chamber for all of those Democrats. Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Crazy Cakes Pelosi is in fine form this morning.

Dried up old hag realizes that he's going to BLAST the Democrats for this shutdown and refusing to negotiate with him. I'd tell her nicely to go intercourse herself.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Strategically, with a hostile media and a prewritten Demonrat rebuttal, I see zero reason for Trump to submit a written SOTU along with oral SOTU. The rebuttal person is very unlikely to be quick thinking (ie most Demonrat politians are window lickers) and their dumb ass rebuttal will come across even worse.

Just give an oral SOTU, tweet the transcript the next morning, and attack inaccurate rebuttal with Tweets.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Send the old witch a single piece of paper in a government holey envelope with a single word on it.

“No”.

Go on with the state of the union as planned.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
even if the dems boycott the SOTU, its still going to happen and will simply reinforce the notion hat they're all petulant little children that should be clubbed like baby seals

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
A little note from the President to pelosi.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post