SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida looting crackdown is 'white supremacy'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida looting crackdown is 'white supremacy' Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...hor-sarah-jaffe.html

An author and journalist came under fire on social media Monday, after she tweeted a reply to an anti-looting warning from Miami police by saying: "The carceral state... is inseparable from white supremacy."

The Miami Police Department took to Twitter on Sunday, as Hurricane Irma battered the state. "Thinking about looting? Ask these guys how that turned out. #stayindoors," the post read, sharing a photo of people inside a jail cell.

Though Sarah Jaffe’s tweet on Monday garnered 1,500 likes, it sparked more than 100 comments -- many of which were critical and accused her of being racist.

"They have prisons, crime, and private property in Nigeria too," one user wrote. "And Egypt. And India. Nothing to do with white supremacy. Poverty/inequality."

"So you'd be ok with someone breaking into your house and stealing all your stuff to avoid a 'carceral state'?" another asked.

Someone replying to Jaffe said, "You're saying non-whites can't help but steal, so they shouldn't be punished? Seriously? Keep your racist opinions to yourself. #ShameOnYou."

Jaffe is the author of the book "Necessary Trouble: Americans in Revolt." The book's website says it focuses on various movements, including Black Lives Matter and the Tea Party.

Her online bio lists her as "an independent journalist covering labor, economic justice, social movements, politics, gender, and pop culture."

Later Monday, Jaffe tweeted that "every now and then I check replies on my tweets and confirm why I have the quality filter on: that s---'s full of nazis."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
just another clueless, self important, media moron trying to stir up shit.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
And the sad part is these uneducated fools actually believe that shit, and sadder is that they are getting it in school.

Which does not surprise me in the slightest as destruction of the schools is one of the things that has to happen to destroy a representative democracy.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Unless, of course, a gang of white thugs are looting a black owned business. I suppose she wouldn't want the cops to interfere. Ya think?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
It's all fun and games until the SHTF in her bubble world. THEN she will be crying for blood.

So in her warped sense of rationalization the destruction and carnage associated with the racial unrest and subsequent riots that occurred in the 1960's in cities was justified?

And it was racist in her opinion that the authorities took charge and put an end to it?

Her online bio lists her as "an independent journalist covering labor, economic justice, social movements, politics, gender, and pop culture.

I can understand why she is an independent journalist, she is too batshit crazy to work for any person or organization.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The louder, more ridiculous, and obnoxious people like her get, the more the average American (majority) gets sick of hearing it.

If you look at the comments on a lot of these recent stories you'll see what I mean. People are about fed up with this crap and are realizing that their not alone, and not in the minority

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Another leftist loon.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
It's all fun and games until the SHTF in her bubble world. THEN she will be crying for blood.

So in her warped sense of rationalization the destruction and carnage associated with the racial unrest and subsequent riots that occurred in the 1960's in cities was justified?

And it was racist in her opinion that the authorities took charge and put an end to it?

Her online bio lists her as "an independent journalist covering labor, economic justice, social movements, politics, gender, and pop culture.

"Economic justice" is code for "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need (or needs)."

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
FFS, they just went through a hurricane with a white name, they need room to burn!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
FFS, they just went through a hurricane with a white name, they need room to burn!

You may be on to something. When will we see a hurricane named L'Shundarius?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:

yeah, but the stuff has to dry out first...

that might help with the clean up and urban renewal if done right

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I think she's right. Frown The "minority" population is often quoted as being 12%, yet over half of the crimes are committed by those same people. Often by the male members, 6%. FL's stand your ground law was designed to mostly allow the shooting of members of that same 6%. Its racist I tell you. Allowing the white folks to shoot them at will. Open season after a hurricane! All because the white folks have discriminated against them by passing laws that make them criminals and targets.

Worse, its how Treyvon Martin got his ass blasted and the evil white guy who was getting his head bashed in just went ahead and blasted his ass away. Whoops, the unarmed teenager, the one doing the bashing.

I think Para may be wrong and this whole mess is about to break out in open warfare. When the BLM starts rioting and burning white neighborhoods, they may find whitey can be as aggressive as the Koreans in LA. Sure, the pussified folks in gun restrictive places have mostly had their balls cut off and can't protect themselves. But us honkey's in the free states have both guns and an attitude. And its all because we grew up white.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

You may be on to something. When will we see a hurricane named L'Shundarius?

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Ever notice? We see the looters with sneakers...NEVER with WORK boots. Ever notice that?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I had to look up what a "carceral state" even is. My spell checker doesn't even recognize it as a word. Roll Eyes Here's a hint: if you don't want to be incarcerated, your chances of it are vastly reduced [Sam Kinison impression] IF YOU DON'T COMMIT CRIIIIIMES!!

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SSDD

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
just another clueless, self important, media moron trying to stir up shit. THAT SHOULD BE BEATEN TO DEATH WITH A SACK FULL OF BATTERIES.

Fixed it for you.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
SSDD

Shoot, shovel and don't disclose?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
SSDD

Shoot, shovel and don't disclose?

"Same shit different day".

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The prison state is wrong but her people stealing those others who have more is ok?

Say that to the Section 8 porch loafers, and they's say, "Damn straight".

The whole 'racism' angle only works for her as long as it works to her benefit.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post