SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid...27 days later it’s....Ha! Just kidding!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid...27 days later it’s....Ha! Just kidding! Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Chongo...Sorry to hear you and your wife are having to go through this. One option I didn't see mentioned yet is to get a hold of the owner of the dealership. Ultimately, that's where the buck stops locally. I'd likely call and schedule to meet with him at the dealership, with the service manager in attendance, and I'd press until I got some sort of solution.

This is why I struggle so hard with the idea of replacing my old Ford truck with a new vehicle. As these things get more and more complex, the dealer service departments become less and less helpful.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
If we have nothing by Tuesday I will talk to management with the dealership. If I don’t get some evidence of giving-a-shit, I will take to social media.

Frankly, I do not expect much help from the dealership at this point.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Chongo, is there by chance another Hyundai dealer in the vicinity? If so, and if you don't get any relief from the existing dealer, call the service manager and explain the situation and see if they might be able to help.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
jimmy, I have just about had it with you. You are a tremendous nuisance in ths forum. All you do is argue with other members and act as if you're an authority about everything, and here you are, looking openly defiant of the owner of this forum. Are you really that stupid? Just answer me. Are you that stupid, or have you just decided that you're no longer going to follow direction here?

Your answer- or lack thereof- determines your fate here. I've had it with you.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
jimmy, I have just about had it with you. You are a tremendous nuisance in ths forum. All you do is argue with other members and act as if you're an authority about everything, and here you are, looking openly defiant of the owner of this forum. Are you really that stupid? Just answer me. Are you that stupid, or have you just decided that you're no longer going to follow direction here?

No, I am not that stupid. I will follow direction. However, I will not stand to be publicly cursed at and insulted on a public forum by another member on a topic that I am knowledgeable about.

I posted 1 sentence that hybrid batteries are expensive, which they are. Shifferbrains then goes on a 3 paragraph diatribe dropping the F bomb 3 times, and proceeds to call me a fucking idiot and to shut the fuck up and that I know nothing about the topic, yet that isn’t moderated? When I have diagnosed, sold and installed 1000s of batteries over the past 15 years.

I have not and do not personally insult anyone on this forum. I respect everyone. I might post something someone does not agree with, but I do not insult people nor curse at them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
If you raise enough hell tney will move on this. You are being far too easy on them. I used to work at the big 3. I followed each case to resolution. Sometimes we just bought them back, figured out what was wrong and resold them. Everybody wins this way. Get an attorney and begin legal action. Sounds like you have good case. I know 2 people who have had Tuscons bought back by Hundai.

Unfortunately, some dealerships seem to forget who the customer is!

Oil drain plug fell out of my Elantra, burned up the engine. I was accused of taking the drain plug out!!! How is that? Oh, and I did it while traveling at 60MPH on a 4 lane highway.

Got absolutely nowhere with the stealership.

Until, that is, I emailed the president of Hyundai US with my story.

All of a sudden the dealership could not do enough! To the point that they replaced the engine at no cost.

I love my Elantra! When it dies (assuming it dies before I do) I will buy another one. Just from a different dealer.

I have no experience with hybrids, and want none, either!

My recommendation to the OP is to contact Hyundai corporate HQ and ask for their help.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I often get cars with intermittent problems that I have to give back as "unable to duplicate problem." But this is different. It does act up while they have it and are able to observe it. The fact - if they are telling the truth - that it doesn't "throw a code" may in fact be the problem, a loss of communication between the car's various modules. (Even that usually, but not always, "throws" a "U" code.)

Anybody who tells you working on a new car "isn't 'rocket science'" is full of it. There is a real shortage, however, of "rocket scientist" automotive technicians. I could go on about this topic, as well as the nature of compensation for technicians, which in several ways is part of the problem, but I'll leave it there for now. In the meantime, nothing is going to happen before Tuesday, so you might as well relax. Tuesday morning, it's time to figuratively kick some ass, even if it means going over their heads.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
"rocket scientist"

No joke. My BIL works for Lockheed Martin and is literally a rocket scientist. We were talking about automotive systems and how they work and he said I was making his head hurt Big Grin

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

No, I am not that stupid. I will follow direction. However, I will not stand to be publicly cursed at and insulted on a public forum by another member on a topic that I am knowledgeable about.

I posted 1 sentence that hybrid batteries are expensive, which they are. Shifferbrains then goes on a 3 paragraph diatribe dropping the F bomb 3 times, and proceeds to call me a fucking idiot and to shut the fuck up and that I know nothing about the topic, yet that isn’t moderated? When I have diagnosed, sold and installed 1000s of batteries over the past 15 years.

I have not and do not personally insult anyone on this forum. I respect everyone. I might post something someone does not agree with, but I do not insult people nor curse at them.
A word to the wise, dude: A simple "Yes, sir," followed by radio silence for a while, might be a good move.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Just got off the phone.

We’ll hear back in 3-5 business days lol

What a joke.

No loaner, but we can submit for reimbursement if we rent a car.

Roll Eyes

Call one of the local news stations consumer affairs reporters, they love cases when they can ok like heroes and always seem to enjoy beating on car dealers

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Does anyone, besides car dealers, wonder why they're seen with so much disdain?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

I often get cars with intermittent problems that I have to give back as "unable to duplicate problem." But this is different. It does act up while they have it and are able to observe it. The fact - if they are telling the truth - that it doesn't "throw a code" may in fact be the problem, a loss of communication between the car's various modules. (Even that usually, but not always, "throws" a "U" code.)

Anybody who tells you working on a new car "isn't 'rocket science'" is full of it. There is a real shortage, however, of "rocket scientist" automotive technicians. I could go on about this topic, as well as the nature of compensation for technicians, which in several ways is part of the problem, but I'll leave it there for now. In the meantime, nothing is going to happen before Tuesday, so you might as well relax. Tuesday morning, it's time to figuratively kick some ass, even if it means going over their heads.

Listen to this and nothing.Egregore has nailed it.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A simple "Yes, sir," followed by radio silence for a while, might be a good move.

The good advice offered here on this forum is a real pleasure to read. The idea that it is offered, no charge, makes this place quite a bargin.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Wow. Just freakin wow. This is simultaneously hilarious and infuriating, on a couple levels. I hope you get some satisfaction chongo. I hope we all do.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A simple "Yes, sir," followed by radio silence for a while, might be a good move.
The good advice offered here on this forum is a real pleasure to read. The idea that it is offered, no charge, makes this place quite a bargin.
You probably know the story about the guy who returned to the doctor's office for a follow-up visit.

Doc asked, "Have you been taking those suppositories I prescribed?"

Guy said, "Yeah, but for all the good they do, I might as well be shoving them up my ass."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Ten days. Car still hasn't been fixed. They did try a fuse today.

Corporate became involved and may have prompted the fuse attempt. Corporate, however, has been no more helpful to this point.

I posted on facebook about it. We will see what the next few days bring. I let corporate know in no uncertain terms that I expect my car fixed and a ride to be provided until their incompetent techs fix it. They didn't sound very promising.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Is there a Hyundai specific forum? I've noticed on a couple Ford forums I frequent that when someone posts about a problem, a Ford employee will jump in and get the ball rolling between Ford and the dealer.

Also, what does the warranty say the remedies are if the vehicle can't be fixed or the cost to fix it exceeds the value of the vehicle?

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
My wifes best friend had one of those Hyundia SUV but in gas. Many of them had a problem with loosing power just all of a sudden. She was unaware of this and on the highway on a bridge over a lake the thing did this. 3 cars behind her were able to stop, but the 18 wheeler behind them wasnt and piled all the cars together and the last car in the line was actually pushed over the bridge and into the lake about 20 feet below. luckily, everyone was ok. She is now part of a class action lawsuit against hyundai/kia for this problem that was never put on recall. When she was looking at these cars I advised her to buy a toyota or honda, but her and her husband went the other way. Sucks to be right sometimes. I wouldnt have one of these turds if you paid me to. Might want to check and see if there is a class action of any kind on that particular car.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The complaints on these cars are shocking to say the least.

The dual clutches disengage and slip, or the ECU won't open the throttle for acceleration, then the dealer "can't find anything wrong".

Complaint after complaint, but they "find nothing wrong" for the 2014-2018 year cars. Sounds like they are just running the warranty clock down to me and hoping the factory fixes the manufacturing defect.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Chongo,

This upsets me reading this. This is just plain awful.

You somewhat expect shit like this to happen at the dealership level but at corporate level? C'mon now!

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post