SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update More BS and Police Report Filled. Fraudulent Credit Card Charge three times same amount- Legal Eagles step inside.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update More BS and Police Report Filled. Fraudulent Credit Card Charge three times same amount- Legal Eagles step inside. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I would advise everyone on this board to freeze their credit reports with the three major credit reporting agencies.It can then be temporarily thawed if you need to obtain new credit.This would stop a lot of identity theft.

It would not stop thieves from using your card number,but will prevent them from opening multiple accounts with your stolen information if they obtain it.

Posts: 12655 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I totally understand that the police cannot do anything on this matter. I filled a police report because the banks Fraud Dept. said someone ok the transaction using Verified by Visa. They will not back the charges out of my Card for perhaps up to 60 days. I am not going to pay the over $7200 in fraud charges or any interest accrued. We very very seldom carry a unpaid balance on this card. We pay full amount every statement. We have stopped using the two credit cards we have and canceled them to show we are not agreeing to their terms. Wife and I are going to go to another bank.

I have been told all along that charges will be backed out in 7 to 10 days. It was not ever mentioned anything different until we went to the local branch Saturday the 11 day to inquire. And then was told the additional story. The police report is just the next step in case I have to go to litigation with the Bank over this.

The over $7200 charges also hinders the credit available incase an emergency arise.

Wife and I have over $27K assets in liquid funds at this bank and we are moving all but $10 to another financial institution. The bank rep said we must remain a member for the card services to proceed with investigation to clear us so we must remain a member at this Credit Union. I think it is BS.

Next step is “Better Call Saul Time”
We have the cash means for a retainer!

I am so pissed and so is the wife. I have financed a used pick-up in the past with this Credit Union. I know our messily cash in their institution and no current open loans there they could care less about helping us to keep us.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
When I has the same, about two months ago, the charges also lingered on my statement/account until almost the next bill was due. I also caught the charges within one day of the attempt, the card was shutdown immediately.

I had talked to the fraud dept right away. As the charges stayed on my account, I called them again and emailed them. I said I would not use the card or pay anything until this was cleared off my statement. I had given them over two weeks before the second call and email.

A few days later, all charges & fees from the fraud event were removed. I just started using the new card.

So I would give them a little time, monitor the statement, and do some follow up. Also fine tune the 'alerts' for future notification.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post