SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    buying an electric monopath, what should i know beforehand?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

buying an electric monopath, what should i know beforehand? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Great, bicycles on sidewalks are tough enough to contend with, now I'm going to have to deal with assholes on electric scooters buzzing me at 25 mph or more. I see one of these things coming at me and it will take nearly all my self control to keep from clothes lining the asshole...

That was quite a post given your screen name !

My Scooter has 750cc and about 80 hp at the rear wheel. Yeah, it's an antique but it comfortable enough that I can actually walk at the end of an 800 mile ride.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
We are living in a 10 block radius since last March.

The weather is quite nice most days if not oppresively humid when rain strikes or threatens.

We take our walks early before the crushing sun bakes the city and by noon we are done for the day.

Almost nobody outside when we are.
As soon as people start showing up, we head home.

You can carry these things like you can carry a large skate board, less cumbersome and heavy than a folding bike, electric or not.

Not going to race with them or play Chuck Yeager if we can prevent it.
We feel closer to the Old Fart Snail Squad than the Evel Knievel Stunt Racing Team.

Definitely over the hill, skin anf bones wise.
And if i/we get hurt, someone will have to shoot the wife to make her quiet. Wink

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

Though that the private owned monopath was something common in the US as well, my mistake.

Maybe it depends on where you are. I work at a large university and see all manner of electric bike, scooter, skateboard, and various one wheeled jobbers.. etc etc. The other night I saw a kid go by on a Onewheel and was shocked at the speeds, not to mention the snow and ice on the roads.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I know a guy from my local sports bar that has something similar to that.

He loves it and rides it a few miles from his home to the Bar. I wouldn't want to be him on his ride home after a few pints.

I went with and E-bike for my local fun/transportation downtown...

Postimage is upside down today ?

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't know about where everyone else is, but every time I see an electric bike I think "Any day now, the state will strangle that market and squeeze it for money with registrations and inspections."

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our small city has made a bunch of these electric mayhem distribution devices available through out the town. if you run it dead the gps tracker allows a truck to come by and pick it up for charging/service. They seem to be the primary mode of transportation for young ne'er do wells in order to get to their next drug deal quickly, ya got to keep the customer satisfied ya know.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The other night I saw a kid go by on a Onewheel and was shocked at the speeds, not to mention the snow and ice on the roads.

Whoa! Not a chance in hell you'd get me on one of 'em, but that looks like a ton o' fun Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Would crashing one of these at 20 MPH hurt any more than crashing a bicycle at 20 MPH?

HA! Prolly not one bit. Crashing is crashing- but I’ve been riding bikes since I was a kid and don’t fall often now...the learning curve on a new scooter would likely involve me crashing....that’s where I was going with my comment ensigmatic..

Smile

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post