SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    buying an electric monopath, what should i know beforehand?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

buying an electric monopath, what should i know beforehand? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
title says it all.

we plan to buy one to ride around the area. nothing fancy. if all goes well, will buy a second one. his and hers is the idea.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
quote:
monopath

?

I even googled it and could not figure it out.

Posts: 858 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I think it is an electric scooter by Lamborghini ...

https://techbeezer.com/italyen...path-of-lamborghini/

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, bicycles on sidewalks are tough enough to contend with, now I'm going to have to deal with assholes on electric scooters buzzing me at 25 mph or more. I see one of these things coming at me and it will take nearly all my self control to keep from clothes lining the asshole.

How about this for an idea. Get some his and hers RUNNING shoes and go out for a run. It will not only improve your health but you will come to understand why runners develop a real loathing for vehicles required by law to use the traffic lanes clogging up sidewalks and forcing runners onto the grass.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Yuo will have to move to Argentina to closeline him.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
didn't even think of checking his location, My Bad.

0-0, you may proceed with your desire for non exercise and proceed to annoy the heck out of runners where you live. Just be aware that they may also dislike the use of motor or pedal vehicles on pedestrian walkways.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just because you speak English doesn't mean we do! Big Grin

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Be careful. I wrecked a nice dive watch riding and then crashing one of those dang things. I allowed my ambition and need for speed to exceed my talent. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Great, bicycles on sidewalks are tough enough to contend with, now I'm going to have to deal with assholes on electric scooters buzzing me at 25 mph or more. I see one of these things coming at me and it will take nearly all my self control to keep from clothes lining the asshole...

That was quite a post given your screen name !

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
It's not on the California approved roster, so I can't help you.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Great, bicycles on sidewalks are tough enough to contend with, now I'm going to have to deal with assholes on electric scooters buzzing me at 25 mph or more. I see one of these things coming at me and it will take nearly all my self control to keep from clothes lining the asshole.

How about this for an idea. Get some his and hers RUNNING shoes and go out for a run. It will not only improve your health but you will come to understand why runners develop a real loathing for vehicles required by law to use the traffic lanes clogging up sidewalks and forcing runners onto the grass.

Sincerely,

0-0

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Let's get back on topic if we can.

Temp is nearing the 100s for the next couple of months and walking 6 blocks to the other appartment does become exhausting due to the high humidity.

Pavement and traffic are good enough and we thought it could even be fun to have those motorized thingies.

Had to Google the word too. Had never heard of it.

Don't know the first thing about rechargeable batteries in general.

Please, provide advise and keep stupid opinions to yourselves. Might elevate the conversation.

Thank you very much.

0-0

posted Hide Post
I would go with an electric bike over the scooter. Just seems safer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Why Electric Bikes are More Dangerous than Motorcycles

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nicky,

Curious. When you look around at 2 wheel commuters in Bs.As. what do you see? Lots of Vespas like in Italy? Or...?

Whatever I would presume the more popular have decent infrastructure support as well as being more recognizable to the 4 wheel driver because of sheer numbers. I may be out in left field here but those are my thoughts.

That Lambo Monopath looks like a skateboard with an upright steering handle. Not something I'd want to run anywhere in a crowd be it a street or sidewalk.

That said this is a class of powered vehicles that I was unfamiliar with. I still think they're scary, and this from an old time Norton motorcycle enthusiast. Smile
https://www.electricscooterins...oters-for-commuting/
This one has an extended GoPro commute ride. Eek
https://www.theshoppingmama.co...er-electric-scooter/

A modern version of the iconic 60 year old vintage Honda 50 would be a much better choice if I were having to make it. There are a number of manufacturers making small displacement and electric scooters/bikes these days. They cost more than those powered skateboards, but still....

https://tadesite.com/best-motor-scooters/
https://www.popularmechanics.c...d-get-great-mpg-too/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/j...020/?sh=44e054a85ebe
https://electrek.co/2020/11/06...c-scooter-low-range/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I would go with an electric bike over the scooter. Just seems safer.

I dunno. I always thought those looked like a lot of fun Smile

Besides: An electric bike I think one would be obliged to drive on the road. I'd rather have something I could ride on the sidewalk--y'know, so I could annoy runners Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Right now, a bike or a scooter is a premium target for violent criminals around here.
They are big enough to require parking and taking the time to deploy antitheft measures
Definitely something we are not getting into.

On the other hand, the large skate board with a steering wheel seemd innocent enough and unusual enoufh to turn heads around

There were plenty of these for rental in large european cities like Paris and Rone until last year. For a while they were 3 companies here in Buenos Aires as well, before the pandemic.
We failed to see it's potential back then and the rental was charged in dollars, quite inconvenient with our beloved government.
Now they have dissapeared, like in most large cities where they started.

Though that the private owned monopath was something common in the US as well, my mistake.

0-0

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My first thought is “that’s cool”...

Then I remember, concrete hurts when you crash.

Dunno how old you are Nicky, but I’m 51 and I know I want to avoid the emergency room as long as possible.

I was gonna say something about the local crime and can you carry them inside wherever you are going, but I imagine if you are just going between your house and a friends-you can drag it inside with you...maybe not to go get beer at the store.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
My first thought is “that’s cool”...

Then I remember, concrete hurts when you crash.

Dunno how old you are Nicky, but I’m 51 and I know I want to avoid the emergency room as long as possible.

Would crashing one of these at 20 MPH hurt any more than crashing a bicycle at 20 MPH?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
AMA magazine a few months back had an expanded and very marvelous feature on "the top 10" IIRC, electric bicycles currently on the market.

Most impressive, & I was hostile to the very idea when starting to read the article.

Then I thought about the thieves lurking about.

Then I suddenly recalled the results of my own experiments with gravity, interrupted trajectory, and sudden impact at even low speeds with the largely unconcerned Earth or whatever is attached to it that I've encountered.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post