SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Use My Pillow? Update: Page 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Use My Pillow? Update: Page 2 Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
We have been using them for 3 years. King size, 1 firm and 1 regular. Put them in the dryer without heat to fluff them.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
We like them.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife bought a pare they were fine, then she wash them, they turn into sand bags could not sleep on them. We gave them away. I should have turn them into warranty.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The Jos A Banks of pillows, always on sale.

Wife bought some a while back, not sure what happened to them. I didn't use it, she used hers for a while and is on to some other expensive looking pillow.

Nothing good or bad to say about them, certainly not life changing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bonnie bought one , then two more, she likes

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I sleep on buckwheat hull pillows. I think I'm the only one.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought 2, I love mine, wife still swears she prefers down.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
I recently stayed in a hotel that had "My Pillows" on their beds. I was not impressed with them at all. The pillow is filled with chucks of cut up foam rubber, you can feel each individual chunk and lump...definitely not for me.

This. I bought 2, but think they suck and they're now in my guest bedroom. Lumpy chunks in the pillow. I prefer and use a natural down pillow.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
These came up in discussion over the Christmas season. I had been using a memory foam contour pillow for the last few years but was complaining that it made my head sweat.

A couple commented that they'd tried magic Mike's "My Pillow" but found the Serta Luxury Knit Pillow from Kohl's to be vastly superior.
https://www.kohls.com/product/...xury-knit-pillow.jsp

Picked up one on deep discounted pre-Christmas sale ($30) and was rather surprised by the weight and ability to shape which holds throughout the night. Very very comfortable. Liked it so well got a second at even less ($24) using a Kohl's coupon.

As an aside I'm a side and back sleeper with a non-obtrusive nasal cushion CPAP. The Serta is superb for me.

If you have a Kohl's close by it is well worth your time to check these out! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've been using one for a couple years now. My old feather pillow died long ago & no other foam version has worked as well for me as Mike's product.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone Use My Pillow?

Nah, I never stay over at your house. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought two about 18 months ago. Wife didn’t like hers. I used mine for about a year. I eventually gave up on it. The foam filler shifted during the night and lost support for my neck.

A PT who worked on my back issues said Mike had a great marketing effort but said the results were lacking. She suggested at the time that a rolled up hand towel placed under the neck between the shoulders and the pillow provided great support.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The wife got two (one was free) a couple of years ago. They lasted about two months. Not sure where they are now.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Update:

So I got them and followed the instructions for puffing them up in the dryer and then we started using them. My wife was like "Meh, I like my current memory foam pillow better" so she started using her My Pillow as a between-the-legs type one for her back.

After about a week, I realized my "Blue" level (the firmest and fullest level) was a bit *too* full for me and I talked my wife into switching with her "Green" level one which is one step down and is PERFECT for me.

I love this pillow! It's VERY comfortable and I feel like I'm getting a better night's sleep because of it and am kicking myself for not getting one like 10 years ago when they hit the scene.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I sleep on buckwheat hull pillows. I think I'm the only one.

Nope, another one here. I like them better than any other type I have tried (including My Pillow) so far.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buckwheat Pillows. After the mention and researching them you I just bought one and some extra stuffing. When I was travelling I always liked the pillows in Japan and China as they were very firm.

I suspect that this was what I slept on. This website is a never ending source of great information.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Glad you found a pillow you like.

Pillows are very personal. Finding one that works for your body and sleeping style can make a huge difference in how you sleep.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I just realized that this pillow has made me stop snoring too! I'd drive my wife crazy with it and she would have to poke me several times a night to change my position to stop.

What's hilarious is the first time she told me I snored loudly, I told her "I don't snore, never have in my life!" It was just that there was never anyone else there to hear it! Eek

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these on sale and loved it.

https://www.amazon.com/Zoned-D...id=1580852178&sr=8-6

My fiancé said her neck hurt so she borrowed mine. I decided to go back to a regular pillow since she took it and i didn’t want to spend money on another pillow. I lasted a day before I ordered a 2nd one of these...

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I like my pillow flat and firm. Do they make one like that? Most firm pillows are just too thick. The best is an overstuffed down pillow once it has been used for about 5 years. Hard to buy like that.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post