SIGforum
Anyone Use My Pillow? Update: Page 2

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9530034564

January 14, 2020, 09:48 AM
PASig
Anyone Use My Pillow? Update: Page 2
Ordered two of them for the wife and myself; I picked the "blue" level for myself and "green" for the wife.

Anyone have any experience with them? They had a BOGO deal going on and I've wanted to try them for several years now. Current pillow is a memory foam neck pillow so this may take some getting used to.

Seems people either REALLY love them or REALLY hate them, there's not much in-between.

What have the Forum's experiences been with them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

January 14, 2020, 09:53 AM
Ironbutt
I've been married for many years & the entire time, my wife has been in search of "the perfect pillow." We've had ALL kinds, most of which have ended up in the Goodwill or Community Aid boxes.

We've been sleeping on My Pillows for at least 9 or 10 years now, and I haven't heard her complain yet.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
January 14, 2020, 09:58 AM
fpuhan
I'm a down pillow man, myself. Most foam pillows "bounce" or otherwise do unnatural things to my neck/spine. The drawbacks of down are that it loses its body (the feathers ultimately get crushed) and every now and then a feather makes its way loose, and can poke.

I'd be interested to learn how My Pillow compares to a down pillow.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
January 14, 2020, 10:01 AM
PR64
I have 2 and they are great for me.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
January 14, 2020, 10:02 AM
jhe888
I have one - it is fine, but not magic.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
January 14, 2020, 10:11 AM
Phred
I recently stayed in a hotel that had "My Pillows" on their beds. I was not impressed with them at all. The pillow is filled with chucks of cut up foam rubber, you can feel each individual chunk and lump...definitely not for me.
January 14, 2020, 10:12 AM
TMats
I’m convinced that there is no other pillow but a high quality, firm, down pillow. My wife seems to be always searching for a new pillow. Awhile back, she bought My Pillows (BOGO) and the two were different firmness levels, I guess. She tried both for awhile and they ended up in guest bedrooms. Now she’s using some sort of memory foam pillow—at least for now.

January 14, 2020, 10:22 AM
hudr
I’ve had one for a couple years now. It works for me.
January 14, 2020, 10:25 AM
wxl
Wife bought one for me few years ago. No complaints.
January 14, 2020, 10:25 AM
jaaron11
We like ours quite a bit. It lived up to the marketing hype, which surprised me.

Regarding the chunky feeling, it's never bothered me in the least. Yes, you can feel the individual foam pieces when you touch it, but it doesn't affect comfort at all.

J

Rak Chazak Amats
January 14, 2020, 10:26 AM
straightshooter1
We bought two and neither my wife nor I liked them. Actually, we really hated them. The chunks of foam rubber mentioned by Phred seemed to be what we thought our pillows were filled with, though I never checked to find out.

My wife has looked and looked for the perfect pillow. She saw the ads for these and thought they looked good. She's still mad at herself about falling for the ads and that was a couple of years ago.

I've considered down (haven't slept on one since I was a kid at Grandma's farm) but I am thinking my allegies would not tolerate one.

Bob
January 14, 2020, 10:26 AM
PowerSurge
I had one and returned it. I only use down pillows now.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1
January 14, 2020, 10:44 AM
P250UA5
Been using one for ~6mo. Other than having to re-fluff it from time to time, it's been great.
Had a memory-foam pillow before that I liked, but was a bit firm/held my head too high (back sleeper).

The Enemy's gate is down.
January 14, 2020, 11:21 AM
Warhorse
Our nephew bought us a couple for Christmas 3-4 years ago. My wife did not like them, but I do. She bought a different pillow for herself, I'm still using mine.

January 14, 2020, 11:23 AM
snoris
Ours are great—-we’ve had then for five or six years.
January 14, 2020, 11:40 AM
matai
Yeah, wife and I like em. Also good for the kids because they're washable.
January 14, 2020, 11:43 AM
BurtonRW
Mrs.BurtonRW and I picked them up for a song at a home show a few years ago. No regrets.

I agree with jhe888 that they're good, but not magic. We both like firm pillows and have no complaints about them.

They might not get as hot as fast under your head as other pillows, but they do get hot and every now and then I'll actually flip mine over. Not often though - I'm usually sleeping pretty well.

As far as I'm concerned, one of the best things about them is ease of washing. Once they come out of the dryer, it's super easy to fluff them back into shape, unlike other kinds of pillows.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
January 14, 2020, 12:23 PM
Pipe Smoker
I’m a bit “different”.

I quit using pillows over ten years ago. Instead, I use a small soft rug, about 24” x 18”. I keep several of them on hand – easy to wash and dry (and store). I sleep on my side, alternating left and right.

Serious about crackers
January 14, 2020, 12:36 PM
yanici
We use them. I found that I needed to order the next size up in firmness than the My Pillow web page questionnaire calculated. I like them and I'd buy them again.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]
January 14, 2020, 12:38 PM
Bigboreshooter
My wife and I got two of them for Christmas. So far, so good. They are very comfortable.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush