SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bill Whittle and Climate Change
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Whittle and Climate Change Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
yes, he takes on the 'science guy' and has some of his own charts and data to add to the discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_RuverrEZ4

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Two days before terror attack, London mayor called global warming ‘one of the biggest risks to humanity’
June 4, 2017 | BPR Wire | Print Article
dc-news-300x71Michael Bastasch, DCNF

Two days before deadly terror attacks hit London, Mayor Sadiq Khan railed against President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate accord.

Khan called global warming “one the biggest risks to humanity” and pledged to work with other cities to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement, which is to keep future global warming below 2 degrees Celsius. Trump announced U.S. withdrawal Thursday.

European leaders were also heavily critical of Trump for pulling out of the Paris accord, including U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May.

European leaders pressed Trump on the climate deal at the G7 summit in May, but Trump mainly wanted to talk about fighting terrorism and other issues, not global warming.

Two days later and Khan is faced with two attacks near London Bridge that have been declared terrorist attacks by British authorities.

A white van plowed into about 20 people Saturday on London Bridge shortly after 10 p.m., possibly killing and injuring pedestrians. A group of at least three men armed with knives then attacked people in Borough Market about 80 yards south of the bridge.

British police declared that the two incidents were terror attacks early Sunday morning. Few details have been released regarding any casualties or the attackers.

The London attacks come about two weeks after a suicide bomber killed 22 people and dozens more were injured in Manchester just outside the lobby of an Ariana Grande concert. Young children were among the dead, and the Islamic State took credit for the deadly attack.

Grande is scheduled to hold a benefit concert in Manchester Sunday.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/20...-81b54924bf-32211109

I think they have bigger problems...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two days before terror attack, London mayor called global warming ‘one of the biggest risks to humanity’

Well, the London mayor is an idiot, so there's that. He also said London was one of the safest "global cities" and that we shouldn't let the terrorists attacks upset us.

So, let that guide your opinion of liberal politicians. Reality doesn't often trouble them.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Translation:
The American Gravy Train is over.
And they are pissed.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Great video. Thank you for sharing!

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Great video. Thank you for sharing!

I'll echo that

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Khan called global warming “one the biggest risks to humanity” and pledged to work with other cities to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement, which is to keep future global warming below 2 degrees Celsius. Trump announced U.S. withdrawal Thursday

Just look at all the people run over, stabbed and blown up by global warming.

It's a travesty.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Mayor Sadiq Khan? Is he a Muslim? Why should I believe anything he says?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Mayor Sadiq Khan? Is he a Muslim? Why should I believe anything he says?

flashguy

Because we all know Muslims are not allowed to lie to infidels. Bon jour! Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
How is Whittle doing? I haven't seen him in a while and he seems a little, well, diminished here.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
How is Whittle doing? I haven't seen him in a while and he seems a little, well, diminished here.

It's a good question. I wonder too. His message is still right on... but he does look a little, well, "diminished".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
last I saw of him about 6 months ago IIRC he was going off to get married....not that there's anything wrong with that....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Great video, thanks for sharing.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good report. Definitely work sharing with "The Sky is Falling!!" types.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
Good report. Definitely work sharing with "The Sky is Falling!!" types.
They won't watch it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The countries that are mad about Trump pulling out of the climate deal are just mad that the money that obama promised them will NOT be coming. Yep folks the obama gravy train has left the station. You "give me my free stuff folks" have lost your messiah. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
The Hockey Stick Collapses: 60 New (2016) Scientific Papers Affirm Today’s Warming Isn’t Global, Unprecedented, Or Remarkable

By Kenneth Richard on 22. December 2016

Two fundamental tenets of the anthropogenic global warming narrative are (1) the globe is warming (i.e., it’s not just regional warming), and (2) the warming that has occurred since 1950 can be characterized as remarkable, unnatural, and largely unprecedented. In other words, today’s climate is substantially and alarmingly different than what has occurred in the past….because the human impact has been profound.

Well, maybe not. Scientists are increasingly finding that the two fundamental points cited above may not be supported by the evidence.

In 2016, an examination of the peer-reviewed scientific literature has uncovered dozens of paleoclimate reconstructions that reveal modern “global” warming has not actually been global in scale after all, as there are a large number of regions on the globe where it has been cooling for decades. Even if it was warming on a global scale, the paleoclimate evidence strongly suggests that the modern warm climate is neither unusual or profoundly different than it has been in the past. In fact, today’s regional warmth isn’t even close to approaching the Earth’s maximum temperatures achieved earlier in the Holocene, or as recently as 1,000 years ago (the Medieval Warm Period), when anthropogenic CO2 emissions could not have exerted a climate impact.

In fact, there is a growing body of evidence that the warming in recent decades is not even unprecedented within the context of the last 80 years. That’s because the amplitude of the 1930s and 1940s warm period matched or exceeded that of the warmth in the late 20th and early 21st centuries in many regions of the world. Furthermore, between the warmth of the 1930s and ’40s and the warmth of the 1990s to present, there was a very widely publicized cooling period (late 1950s to early 1970s) that was heavily discussed in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.

Today’s instrumental datasets curiously do not reflect this 20th century warming-cooling-warming oscillatory shape, however, as doing so would not lend support to the modeled understanding that climate is shaped by anthropogenic CO2 emissions, which have increased linearly, not cyclically. In fact, not only has the high amplitude of the 1930s and 1940s warmth been “adjusted” down or depressed in global-scale representations of instrumental temperatures by NASA or the MetOffice, the substantial cooling (-0.5°C in the Northern Hemisphere, including -1.5°C cooling in the Arctic region) that occurred in the 1960s and 1970s has all but disappeared from today’s temperature graphs.

Scientists, meanwhile, keep on publishing their results. And their results don’t lend support to the narrative that the globe has been synchronously warming, or warming in linear fashion and in concert with the rise in anthropogenic CO2 emissions. Indeed, in many regions of the world, decadal-scale cooling has occurred since the mid-20th century.

Listed below are a collection of 60 peer-reviewed scientific papers published within the last year (2016) undermining the “consensus” position that modern warming patterns are global in extent and synchronization, and that today’s warmth is both unusual and unprecedented. The first section (1) identifies the regions of the world where there has been no net warming in recent decades. The second section (2) puts modern climate into its much larger Holocene context, revealing just how insignificant and unremarkable this current (regional) warming trend has been relative to history.

(1) ‘Global’ Warming? No Net Warming In These Regions Since Mid Or Late 20th Century

De Jong et al., 2016 (Andes, South America)

[T]he reconstruction…shows that recent warming (until AD 2009) is not exceptional in the context of the past century. For example, the periods around AD 1940 and from AD 1950–1955 were warmer. This is also shown in the reanalysis data for this region and was also observed by Neukom et al. (2010b) and Neukom and Gergis (2011) for Patagonia and central Chile. Similarly, based on tree ring analyses from the upper tree limit in northern Patagonia, Villalba et al. (2003) found that the period just before AD 1950 was substantially warmer than more recent decades.

- See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2016/1...sthash.xhcgbBnA.dpuf

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post