SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is it time again for a So Cal Get Together?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it time again for a So Cal Get Together? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
How far from Vegas do you typically meet?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
It's typically in Orange County, about 270 miles from Vegas.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and in particular, Fountain Valley is inappropriately named. I've been there three times and haven't seen 'the fountain' yet.

And not much of a valley either - pretty flat heading right out to the ocean

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I can make it if the date is right.
Will be out of the country 7/19-31.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of comm for the last few days...been enjoying some time off with the family!

Anyhow, It looks like it'll be sometime in the latter part of July or beginning part of August for me. Sending in-laws on a trip to Asia...

Let me know days gents/ladies

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
All good for me, let me know...

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing ventured, nothing gained
posted Hide Post
Always a good time with you folks. Just let me know when and where!

Posts: 82 | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Mid-June, Mid-July, or Mid-August are good for me My dates are all kind of a moving target right now because I'm still locking down my honeymoon, but tentative dates seem to be at the beginning or end of the month so far.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Has a Date been set ? I didn't see one.

I will be down in Fountain Valley mid August.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
posted Hide Post
How about we set a date...August 19th or 20th?? Thats mid August...

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
August 12th or 19th will work for me. 12th would be better. Both are Saturdays.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
posted Hide Post
12th works for me. I sent an email to Dave to see if it's good on his end.....

NRA Life Member

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I sent Dave email too for the 12th.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
he would have to get a background check and bring along at least 3 references

we have standards - they may be low, but they're our standards

Big Grin

Or an interesting firearm or two. I mean, c'mon. Smile

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Hi guys thanks for reviving the thread and reaching out. I can't do the 12th. How about July 29th or Aug 5?

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
posted Hide Post
August 5th good for me

NRA Life Member

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Of those dates, only August 5 works for me.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Either one is good for me.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Either One

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I can't make it as I will still be home in the Bay area on those dates.

I hope it still happens for those that can make it.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat