SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is it time again for a So Cal Get Together?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it time again for a So Cal Get Together? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
Roll call!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once a date/time is designated, I'd be interested if it doesn't coincide with family things (up to 3 weddings in the family in the next few months).

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I'm in if the timing works.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Thinking late june or mid july?

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, I went to one a few years ago held at a Vietnamese restaurant. I'd be happy to come again. I think you guys have shifted to weekend dates.

I'm in SoCal 2 or 3 times a month. If the date is during the week, I can likely build a business trip around it.

Woo hoo!

BTW, my wife loves the ring repair!

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
I'm up for it. Really enjoyed the last one.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Hi David! I get to SoCal once a month so perhaps I can make the next one.

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I just may have to go see my Brother in Torrance at that time. Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yes. It is time.

Also, need to talk to you about wedding rings.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
We can definitely go Vietnamese this time around.

God, Family, Country.

Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
I'm interested, I need a little "get away" vacation from work Smile

Posts: 1288 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
pick a date and I'll do my best to wander on over Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
You're a bit far, but pick a day and I most certainly will make it.

Thanks Dave.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
I'd like to meet up again. I'll see if I can talk scombs263 into joining also.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, I'm in

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
I just may have to go see my Brother in Torrance at that time. Big Grin

Would it be ok to bring my Brother who is not a SIGforum Member?

He is so not a big computer user at home. He is 66. He uses one a lot at work. He is still on free Juno Dial-up at home. At work the firewall won’t let him get to any gun related stuff.

Well what I can say is he does own a SIG SP2022.
Big Grin

He is so bummed he did not get a P6 when they first came in and was allowed to be purchased in California.

He needs to find a good shooting friend, They must be Christian.

He knew a pastor at a Calvary Chapel in Torrance that was big into shooting. The Pastor was also mentioned in the book: Seven Serpents: the History of Colt's Snake Guns. But the pastor has moved away from the area.

Roy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we are a multi-denominational group - we accept $5's, $10's, $20's and $50's

$100's is pushing it a bit

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Ran into Dave the other day, and we both realized that we had forgotten about this thread. So, bump!

End of June works for me.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:...
Would it be ok to bring my Brother who is not a SIGforum Member?...

Dave, can I "Karma" my spot to Roy's brother?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
he would have to get a background check and bring along at least 3 references

we have standards - they may be low, but they're our standards

Big Grin