SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is illegal immigration a serious problem in Cali?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is illegal immigration a serious problem in Cali? Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
The latest telephone poll taken by the California Governor's office, asked whether people who live in California think illegal immigration is a serious problem.

29% of respondents answered: Yes, it is a serious problem.

71% of respondents answered: Es no es una problema seriosa.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Por Favor Oprima Numero Dos para español

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I have two little problems with illegals.

First, they come in violation of the law, and once here they often have little commitment to be law abiding residents, to become citizens, to adopt American culture, to learn the language.

Second, they demand their right to a free ticket on the gravy-train, then demand their right to load their dysfunctional homeland baggage on that train.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I have two little problems with illegals.

Scoutmaster, stop being lazy, I know you can come with more than two reasons, just in the time it takes to take a piss. Personally, I thought of 10+ while I typed these two sentences.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its a problem for the whole country - California is just an enabler

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Illegals are a financial disaster.

The political elite in whackyland do not really care for them, the illegals are just a political tool to grab, grow and maintain power.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Is it a serious problem in CA? Yes.
Is it taken seriously in CA? No.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I have some sympathy for their problem in their home country I don’t want them bringing their problems here. End the free stuff and if an immigrant can’t pay their way no entry! Get them out of California NOW! We can’t afford them.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
We need to eliminate ALL forms of welfare and subsidies for illegals.

Not a citizen, never paid into the system - no soup for you!

They'd self deport overnight.

But

Then the dems wouldn't have their voting base.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:

They'd self deport overnight.

But

Then the dems wouldn't have their voting base.

All makes sense. I would welcome "illegals" if they would agree to become legal and stay legal, and to step up to traditional American culture rather than tear down America.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will become a problem once 51+ percent of Californians begin to enjoy the living standard where the immigrants originate from.

I think Kathleen Brown when she was Treasure of California in the 80's (IIRCC), said 'Immigration will stop when our current living standard declines to that of the immigrants home country.'

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
'Immigration will stop when our current living standard declines to that of the immigrants home country.'

Well... that's logical!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought two new construction homes in California. All but the HVAC installer were Latinos and didn’t speak a lick of English. I don’t doubt their skills necessarily but I do know that they’ve priced out Americans who used to support families on a decent contactor’s earnings.

Ironically many of those displaced contractors vote Democratic Party, the great enabler of illegal immigrantation.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Kathleen Brown when she was Treasure of California in the 80's (IIRCC), said 'Immigration will stop when our current living standard declines to that of the immigrants home country.'

must be a MENSA member there...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Love how a joke thread turned all serious within two replies.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Love how a joke thread turned all serious within two replies.

A great joke about a significant and growing problem in CA. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:

And don't forget new immigrants.

I know a guy. His wife petitioned for her brother. He arrived as a new immigrant and in the same week was on dialysis (was getting it in his home country before arriving). The second week in the U.S., he went and got medical. When he went in to apply for medical, they asked him if he needed welfare and housing so they can hook him up with the right people.

It's been 1 1/2 year and the guy already cost taxpayers hundreds of not millions of dollars while contributed zero, nothing, nada to this country. The guy is about 51 years old. So he'll be milking the taxpayers for at least another 10-15 years.

And all this in California.

Don't even mention new immigrants 65 or older. Collecting retirement and health benefits. At 65 or older, I doubt they will ever lift a finger and pitch in.

But that's a whole different mess that this country has to deal with.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
“Immigration laws are the only laws that are discussed in terms of how to help people who break them.”

~ Thomas Sowell

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in the late 90’s, the IH-5 checkpoint was open 24/7 with all cars having to stop and declare their citizenship. When I returned to So. Cal in 2014, it was sad to see it wide open with no checkpoint in place, just a token agent sitting in his truck “monitoring” traffic.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post