SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a S.F member that works at the Georgia Aquarium ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a S.F member that works at the Georgia Aquarium ? Login/Join 
posted
Someone here posted that they were going to visit some aquarium some where and
I think
a member here told us that he worked in the back somewhere .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I work near it, but not in it. If I remember the thread you are referencing, someone mentioned getting the behind scenes tour and/or swimming/diving in the aquarium. Smile

I tried to find the thread, but was thwarted.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah , me too .

I am looking at a september visit ,

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
How long you gonna be in Georgia?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
They dont allow firearms, and they will wand you and scan before you come in. I went this summer and was mildly annoyed by it. Unless your an leo and can carry anywhere per the LEOSA

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
How long you gonna be in Georgia?

just started researching weather to drive down or
fly .

Maybe get in on tues evening ,aquarium wed. thurs. and out fri. a.m.

I have not traveled in over ten years ,
so I am out of practice .

nothing is carved in stone at this point.

going to AAA tomorrow to see if they can offer any assistance

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Unless you desire an extremely slow review of the aquarium, you won't need 2 days to see it. During school, there are a lot of students that go through it with their classes in 3-4 hours.

I haven't been in a few years, last time I was there, the Beluga was pregnant off exhibit. She lost that calf.

It is worth seeing the whale shark feeding, the schedule is probably on the website or give them a call.

It's a good aquarium. Another nearby (couple of hour drive) is the one in Chattanooga. That one is divided with part being geared towards fresh water.

If you go to Chatanooga, squeeze in Tellus in between, it's a good science museum.

Drop a line if you need someone local to run things down. I am in ATL M~F and southwest in Newnan when not at work.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to leave my pocket knife at the gate a few months ago. Picked it up when leaving.

I am in alpharetta if you have time while in town.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Maybe get in on Tues evening, aquarium Wed. Thurs. and out Fri. AM

Have to work most of the time. Some other members should be able to show you around also. There are a few neat things to see nearby if you can. Mile Post Zero and Fort Peachtree come to mind.

I guess I am sort of a history buff myself. Can think about and study a crumpled pile of bricks and usually start pounding the internet to see what it was and what happened there.

Some day I need to go to Fort Sumter...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks folks,
my brother will be with me, he is leaning twords driving 12-13 hours down there.

I appreciate the offers

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It's the best aquarium I've ever been to and they change things up. My family usually goes a few times a year. If you like German beer and food, Der Biergarten is very close and the most authentic German food I've had on the east coast.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
if you haven't been in a few years, they have added the sea lion show, the dolphin show, and in 2020 will open a big shark exhibit.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can see them disallowing firearms. A stray bullet could be catastrophic if it fractured the glass of one of those huge tanks.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can see them disallowing firearms. A stray bullet could be catastrophic if it fractured the glass of one of those huge tanks.

I recall a scene from a movie where the guy gets away after shooting the large aquarium that floods the whole place.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mel Gibson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIsqzXZyN0