SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Potential damage to ammo due to shipping-opinions please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Potential damage to ammo due to shipping-opinions please Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I don't think you have an honest answer until you dig down to the 2nd or 3rd row from the bottom where the big dings are. Measure one of those and then you will know

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why they didn't palletize the shipment to send it to you. I'm guessing the total weight had to be somewhere between 350lbs-375lbs. No way it was cheaper shipping that via UPS, FedEx, or USPS. They could have shipped that via R&L for probably $100-115

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Am I the only person that sees this and wants to hang out with the guy that buys 50 cal in ten-can quantities? Big Grin

I've seen him with my own eyeballs. He's a great guy

Thanks for the compliment!

UPDATE: I called and talked to customer service, and followed up as requested by email with the photos. They are sending a call tag for UPS to pick them up. In my email to them with the photos I said that the ammo was probably okay to shoot, but it was aggravating that they shipped it this way and that I'd have to be more vigilant about checking each round. It seems crazy to spend the money to ship them back, and to ship replacements, so I offered to keep them if they offered some price adjustment for the damaged cans and trouble to check them. They declined and are sending the call tags. I don't know if they just think I'm trying to get over on them or what, but seems crazy to me. Maybe they're just making an insurance claim and don't care, even though this was primarily their fault for their packaging.

To expedite the replacement (and to insure they didn't just rebox them and return the same ammo to me) I asked if they could ship replacements and charge my card, and just credit me back when they get the return. They said they would ship out replacements in advance and not charge my card.

So I am pretty impressed with their customer service. And the girl said that she was going to personally go to the warehouse and make sure that they package them with the cans upright.

The problem is that they have individual boxes that perfectly fit an a 50 cal ammo can, oriented on it's side. I guess they decided it would stay that way easier than upright, because of the lower center of gravity. But they really need to package these two cans to a box, and if someone buys a single can they just need to pad it for the extra space.

I'll let y'all know how the replacements show up.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post