SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Famous actress" throws tantrum, plays Race Card
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Famous actress" throws tantrum, plays Race Card Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I'm passing through Atlanta in late March.

I will try to visit this restaurant and if I can pull that off, I'll be certain to tell the manager I came because the place was so highly recommended by Ms. Jones.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Just did a little research on the Atlanta Fish Market and, holy cow, this is restaurant royalty. It was founded by Pano Karatassos, the same man who co-founded Panos' & Paul's, which was probably THE restaurant in Atlanta in the 1980s. Karatassos has founded several amazing restaurants, so Fish Market must be outstanding. My wife and I are definitely there on our next trip to the ATL.

Thanks again, Ms Jones. You have started a wave.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I never leave Atlanta without dining there. Completely mixed crowd of people and great food/service!
Maybe she was a difficult customer...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Run of the mill down right dirty cheap ass trying to get a free meal for her & the pals...probably cheap asses also.

I've eaten there before & it was great. I also liked Spondivits when I had traveled to Atlanta.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I dated a woman who worked in a small local bar at night for extra money. This used to drive her nuts. They would come in, place orders where everything had to be special (nothing just right off the menu), then send her back and forth for stupid stuff one a time instead of asking for things all at once( can we get steak sauce.... thanks, now ketchup?..... thanks, how about some extra ranch dressing..... thanks, oh and some blue cheese for Ray-Ray's salad too), then one of them finds something wrong. They want management. They want the meal for free and gift cards too. If they don't get it they get LOUD and cause a huge scene in the hopes the restaurant will cave to make them go away.

We were out to dinner ourselves one night at a nice place and a group started this. She looked over, her face sort of screwed up, she said 'I'll be right back' and left. She came back a few minutes later. Apparently the SAME group had been in her place and done the same thing the previous night. She found the manager and told him everything. The manager offered a replacement meal but nothing else. They threw a fit and he didn't back down, but did offer to call the police if they wanted to pursue it. The guys got REAL quiet and it ended there. I reached for my phone and heard a quiet "don't you dare....."

meh... ok fine. Might have been interesting to see who had warrants.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I knew who she was. "Famous?" I don't know about that, but I do know I find her thoroughly unfunny.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Just did a little research on the Atlanta Fish Market and, holy cow, this is restaurant royalty. It was founded by Pano Karatassos, the same man who co-founded Panos' & Paul's, which was probably THE restaurant in Atlanta in the 1980s. Karatassos has founded several amazing restaurants, so Fish Market must be outstanding. My wife and I are definitely there on our next trip to the ATL.

Thanks again, Ms Jones. You have started a wave.

My wife and I have been there a couple times while traveling through Atlanta. Its well worth the visit if you can work it in.

As for Leslie Jones, she's the female equivalent of the NFL garbage. A barely room temp IQ, a mouth four times the size of most normal humans, and a huge sense of entitlement.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
My wife and I have been there a couple times while traveling through Atlanta. Its well worth the visit if you can work it in.

As for Leslie Jones, she's the female equivalent of the NFL garbage. A barely room temp IQ, a mouth four times the size of most normal humans, and a huge sense of entitlement.

I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the testimonial.

Ms Jones is definitely transparent too.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like she runs into lots of bad service. I think ol' Raylan Givens summed it up perfectly: "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The only reason I recognize the name is because of her past "war" with Milo Yiannopoulis. It really wasn't a war, but a complete annihilation executed by Milo, Jones was horribly out of her league.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
These incidents happen a lot.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know who she is and I don't give a fuck who she is.

50-60 years ago the folks at the next table would tell her to STFU and eat your meal. Or restaurant manager would make her pay up and get out.

Problem we face today is the Media kissing celebrity ass, particularly if it happens to be black. And the spineless general public buys into it.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Atlanta Fish Market was amazing when I visited. Perhaps it was an “on” night, or maybe I’m easy to please.
Either way that chick needs to get a PR person to spell for her when she has a temper tantrum. That’s embarrassing.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If Atlanta fish Market was racist they would be out of business. I don't know if she looked around but Atlanta has a pretty large black population and while I have never really paid attention when I eat there, I am sure that the demographics of the city are pretty well represented in the restaurant.

Me and my family are moving to Florida soon. I have enjoyed living here the last 17+ years but between the traffic in Atlanta and the fear of what the movie/TV industry will do to this great state I've decided that my time here is nearing an end.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I never heard of the Atlanta Fish Market till now, so no knowledge of their food or service. However I have gotten bad food and/or poor service many times over the years and never once asked for anything. I just never eat there again. Of course I am so white it will hurt your eyes, so the race card just doesn't work well for me. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
I never heard of the Atlanta Fish Market till now, so no knowledge of their food or service. However I have gotten bad food and/or poor service many times over the years and never once asked for anything. I just never eat there again. Of course I am so white it will hurt your eyes, so the race card just doesn't work well for me.
Rod

Simple, you can choose to be a different race. Smile

Seems to me people play the race card when they have a losing hand.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
She's such trash and you can tell she walks around with a big chip on her shoulder.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
The only reason I know who that is is because of daddy Milo.

And I still have no idea who, or what, she is.

And to complicate the situation, or is to simplify? I don't give a crap who she is.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
If a bunch of people robbed the restaurant at gunpoint, the entire staff would yell, “Here’s the money, and take her with you!”

Fifteen minutes later, the robbers would return and say, “Look, here’s your cash—-just take her back.”

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
SHE had a bad experience at the Ritz, so that automatically means The Ritz doesn't like Black people? Is it not even possible that the Ritz has no problem with Black people, but they think you're an asshole? Is that even within the realm of possibility?

Now, you've gone to a famous restaurant that serves people of all colors and has an excellent reputation. But, you say you're not happy with the service, so that means this restaurant hates Black people? Again, maybe this restaurant has no issues with Black people, but they just think YOU are an asshole. No?

Sheeesh, woman - get a clue. Treat people the way you want to be treated, and tip the wait staff accordingly. Act as though you're no better than anyone else, and marvel at how much better people will treat you. Nobody gives a crap what color your skin is - it's your ATTITUDE that needs an adjustment.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post