SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have been suggesting them here for years! I finally bought one today. And she is now here!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have been suggesting them here for years! I finally bought one today. And she is now here! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
The next day I put the high risers on it.....which took longer than putting it together. Had to re-drill holes and adjust it just right so all the bracket holes lined up right.

You are not kidding what a gigantic pain in the ass!! Biggest part of the problem is that the Ash is such a hard wood and those screws are super soft. I drilled pilot holes and even lubed the screws and I lost one drill bit and buggered up most of the Phillips heads.

I texted fellow member MattW in the middle of installing mine venting my frustration.

I am glad that you like it.

quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Nice. What kind of data does the S4 Performance Monitor show?

I have not fooled with it too much. I have my screen set to display calories per hour, stroke rate, elapsed time, and mileage.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/lP3SAehLLII

They have a new smart pulley that connects to an app and gives more metrics than the S4 provides. It is pricey at $250 so I am not ready to pull the trigger.

quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Expensive ?

They are studio quality so they come with a price tag but they are top quality rowers.
https://www.waterrower.com/us/...-rowing-machine.html

I share your weakness. I too need to lose a few pounds and gain muscle back...

I see several water units on a google search that are a good $400 less. From the pics, they look the same was this unit. Any idea of how they are not?

I can’t speak for certain as I only have personal experience with the WaterRower brand specifically.
If I had to guess it would be quality of the parts used these are high end club/commercial grade quality units, they are made in the United States and from everything I have heard their customer service is top notch.
I just got mine and had some questions and they were very responsive and helpful.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I love mine,very relaxing listening to it.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
I lost one drill bit

I lost three (cheap drill bits) and had to pull them out with pliers. Finally got in the car went down to hardware store and got super expensive indestructible drill bit....smooth sailing from that point to finish.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we have one also

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
I lost one drill bit

I lost three (cheap drill bits) and had to pull them out with pliers. Finally got in the car went down to hardware store and got super expensive indestructible drill bit....smooth sailing from that point to finish.

Well, I went and found one and it’s in the basement now. Couldn’t get a deal on price but at least got them to throw in the High Rise for free.

Speaking of drill bits, I didn’t lose any but wasn’t smart enough to drill out the holes first on the first two legs..... one is only held on with 2 screws.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Saw the rowing machines at the gym this morning. Don't know if they are WaterRowers. Going to check them out tomorrow.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Tried the one at the gym and it's a wind blower type deal. Starting out slow - going to work my way up slowly. More to it than just sitting and sliding...

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
There's one hardly used on Craigslist near me for $500

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Concept 2 at the gym. They have more than half a dozen propped up on the wall. Doing 5000 meter workouts - averaging just over 24 minutes (24:30 thereabouts) - under 5 min every 1K meter. Quite a few intervals mixed in, which are getting longer.

The assembly video seems straightforward.

edit: the concept 2 model D setup is super easy. kiss.

These how to videos are great.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: f2,

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Concept2 Model D three (3) step assembly. Pie and cake (easy as & piece of).

Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
So I have been debating the rower - Concept 2 vs. WaterRower for about 9 months. I used to do Crossfit until the knees gave out. I have been walking for exercise but it really doesn't get me going. I liked the Concept 2 at Crossfit, so I was about to order one when I saw this post. I had never used the WaterRower. Internet here I come, I read a bunch more and found a local dealer. Went today with SWMBO and tested the WaterRower and the LifeFitness Water Rower. The WaterRower brand seems to be built better than the LifeFitness.

I really like the water resistance verse the mechanical fan in the Concept 2. And man is it quiet. We bought the WaterRower and took it home. 30 minutes later it was fully assembled - no issues. Took 3.5 gallons to fill it to level 16. I went 5000 meters in 26 minutes. I enjoyed every minute. If you close your eyes and just listen to the water you can imagine being in a boat.

This is amazing. Thank you for the post!!!!

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
And yet another vague thread title.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This is why I will suggest the WaterRower all day long.
The Concept is an excellent machine but at no time do you not feel like you are on an exercise machine.
The WaterRower is so much smoother and pleasant to row. You close your eyes and you’re out on the water.

————————————————

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have always loved rowing as an exercise and may end up buying one of these.

Thanks for the review.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I have always loved rowing as an exercise and may end up buying one of these.

Thanks for the review.

Wait a few months and buy one on FB marketplace for $200 (you haul.)

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Yeah I’m gonna be that guy and buy one used when March / April rolls around and the New Years resolutions for fitness have been abandoned. I’d like to drop 15 more lbs dieting and then get on the workout train, so the timing should be perfect.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I like how the Concept2 is easily stored by just standing it up against a wall. Or, you can disassemble into two pieces and move. I like how our gym does it - just pick up the back and stand it up.

unit weight

57lb Concept2 Model D
117lb Waterrower

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The majority of the weight of the WaterRower is up front. It takes zero effort to stand it up or move it for that matter.

————————————————

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Nice! Got my Concept2 Model D set up - took 8 screws and maybe 15 minutes. Saw the box at the front door as I was returning from the gym lol. I did see a SkiERG and got to try it out. Not bad - fun machine.

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
A bonus - my wife has been getting on and doing several short sets a day! I don't store it / stand it up anymore..., just leave it down for when she wants to row. She's already watched me with my LCHF Atkins diet and cut a lot of carbs herself, which brought her A1C down below the type 2 diabetes threshhold (6.5), so getting this exercise is gravy.