SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our continuing saga of the local cop shooting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our continuing saga of the local cop shooting Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
OK, the good officer stopped a shithead who was driving without a front license (required in Ohio) and a burnt out taillight. All was well and good. It was at least until the now ground temperature driver decided he didn't want to bother with the traffic ticket stuff and tried to drive off (with the cop in/at his window.) Just a hint for those reading, its never a good idea to try to leave a traffic stop without your ticket. So as the guy started his engine (against the protests of the cop) and put it in gear, the cop did what cops do. He killified the miscreant. Low and behold, the black community started screaming.

So they held a first trial, which resulted in a hung jury. The local asshole prosecutor was throwing him under the bus for the sake of racial harmony. Guess they never figured what would happen if he managed to get acquitted or a hung jury. So it happened and the fool prosecutor decided to double down and try him again. Same result, 8 for acquittal and 4 for guilty. Only this time they published the jury's vote. 8, all whiteys wanted him to get off. 3 blacks and one white woman for guilty.

No one wanted to change their vote, so again a mistrial. It hasn't been decided yet if there will be a 3rd trial. The defense attorney (all by his little self) pointed out that a 3rd or a 20th trial will probably come out with the same result.

The local media (pravda) is remarkably neutral this cycle. Its not only that its a waste of resources, but unlikely to result in any different outcome. So the media is making a big deal over how differently white folks see things, and how black ones feel. I guess they're right. The trick over in Ohio is they give you 2 plates. One to use on the front and one on the rear of that same car. The poor mistrodden blacks see it differently and put one plate on one car and the other on another. Then if the Brother has a part time job picking up some extra scratch in his spare time, he sees nothing wrong with using that improperly registered vehicle for running his goods around. If you end up busted, it can easily turn sour when the cop finds your stash of dope and your daily receipts ($2600).

And here we are with how unfair the white folks are because we don't accept crime and dope dealing.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DsWright
posted Hide Post
A couple generations deep of being taught from a young age that since they are black, that they are victims of everything, is the root of this whole issue.

but pointing that out is "racist".

not that i care anymore.

Posts: 1096 | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
One of our last ones (the one that caused the Charlotte riots last year) cleared the IA investigation, Dept criminal investigation, District Attorney's investigation, State Bureau of Investigation's investigation, etc., only to have the "Citizen Review Board" vote last week that there was probable cause that he violated policy, and a full Citizen Review Board investigation was necessary...nearly a year after the shooting.

So now this officer has to go through another hearing, and the Citizen Review Board will forward their recommendation to the city manager once done. This has never happened before, no one knows what to expect. The city manager could fire the dude, if the board recommends it and he cowers to special interest groups. And then he would have to go to a Civil Service hearing.

It is insane. He shot a guy who got out of a car with a gun in his hand and refused to put it down, despite over half a dozen warnings, all caught on camera...

More overtime for us...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Chongo, I wish that officer well. Sobering to realize that if he survives everything else, the Feds can move in and charge him with a civil rights violation.

Rburg, I'm not familiar with incident you cited, but it caused me to recall an incident I was personally involved in. I had stopped a violator for speed. During my contact with him, I learned he was a military officer, and citizen of a wealthy Middle Eastern country. He displayed an arrogant attitude and told me, "You can do nothing, you can do nothing, Diplomatic, Diplomatic. He then attempted to drive away. I was able to lean in and get the car shut off as he put it into gear, or I would have been in a potentially lethal force situation as the officer in your post was. As I got him out of the car, the fight was on as I attempted to take him into custody. A fellow officer on his way home saw the struggle, stopped and assisted me in getting the suspect into custody. When I got him into a precinct holding room, he demanded I let him out to wash up and pray. Didn't happen, and The "Diplomatic" part didn't work out for him either. These situations evolve in seconds, while the chain-of-command, prosecutors, courts, review boards,media and public have months to review them at their leisure. There but for the grace of God go many of us in LE. It does not get better. I'm glad to be retired now....

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Sure has turned into quite the Circus.
Joe Deters (prosecutor) sure has changed here recently. Growing up in Cincinnati and having a strong interest in Criminal Justice I looked up to him and the work he did. Now he is complete garbage all for political expedience.
The 1st jury was closer to a conviction if I remember correctly. This trial they really ramped up their game (or so they thought) breaking the body camera footage down to tenths of a second for the jury and wanted to emphasize that it was actually the officers fault that as he realized the turd was going to try to drive away he should have just let him go because he only stopped him in the first place for not having a front plate.
Even with what everyone that reported on the trial (but we know how that goes) saying this time the evidence and prosecution was much more damning. Turns out it wasn't as damning as the majority of the jury by a substantial amount that wanted to acquit.
Deters has fully gone off the rails and I figure he'll go ahead and give a 3rd trial a go.

And to top it all of The University of Cincinnati (officers former employer) has already settled with the deceased family for 4.8 million and is giving his THIRTEEN children, yes you read that correctly, THIRTEEN children free college tuition. Ohh, yes and the University will erect a memorial on campus to the deceased.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small wonder why it is difficult to find good folks that want to be in law enforcement.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Black92LX
"And to top it all of The University of Cincinnati (officers former employer) has already settled with the deceased family for 4.8 million and is giving his THIRTEEN children, yes you read that correctly, THIRTEEN children free college tuition. Ohh, yes and the University will erect a memorial on campus to the deceased."

Insanity. People need to quit paying tribute to the families of thugs. It's sending the wrong message.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DsWright
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"And to top it all of The University of Cincinnati (officers former employer) has already settled with the deceased family for 4.8 million and is giving his THIRTEEN children, yes you read that correctly, THIRTEEN children free college tuition. Ohh, yes and the University will erect a memorial on campus to the deceased."

Insanity. People need to quit paying tribute to the families of thugs. It's sending the wrong message.

Thug is correct. had 90, yes NINETY! run in with law enforcement on his record.

also, for the "no front plate is a bullshit stop crowd", anyone remember Timothy McVeigh? Im pretty sure it was a similar violation that brought him in.

Front plate is the law in OH, you break the law,. you can be stopped. Seems rather cut and dry to me.

Posts: 1096 | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He would be alive if the freakin' system would have locked him up. Really makes me glad I went Corrections instead of police. It was bad enough being examined by attorneys for convicts. Ended up in federal court 10 times, won all 10. Sure irritated the ulcers, though. I did end up with Barrett's over the stress. But I am done, and most of those assholes are dead.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Unbelievable. And, yes you are right, Insanity.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I guess I was bad and didn't name names. The cop was a University of Cincinnati officer. They had an agreement with the Shitty of Cincinnati to stop vehicles cruising campus or just outside. The idea was to eliminate those stalking students. The cop, Ray Tensing, was doing his job. The dead guy was Sam Dubose. The principle race baiters in this was the fat little mayor and the prosecutor. The mayor has w The presumed winner will be a black chick with no brains at all. At least she didn't vote for Obamacare or the money losing streetcar fiasco.

So what if the deceased drug dealer didn't want a ticket. He "fathered" chillen. Carefully hidden was any word on if he supported them. What we need to get to is the point where those who "race bait" need to pay a price for their work. The local media is terrible. OK, they've been that way for a long time. This cycle and during the trial the only station I can stomach ran interviews non-stop with the 'po chillren of the dead drug dealer. No one from the legal community except the black lawyers association. I'm kind of shocked at how biased even they were. The over riding theme was "justice for Sam Dubose".

Poor cases and lack of evidence are justice. Just not the lynching they wanted. And they're attacking the judge for her bad decisions. This cycle they weren't all one sided like the first trial. At some point you need to ask if justice includes endless trials because the prosecutor can afford it. After all, its not real money, just tax dollars being squandered. The media loves it up to a point. That point is where things don't fit their liberal views.

So now a big deal is being made over how white and black folks don't see things the same way. Yep, they're right. Except I'm not changing my views on drugs, drug dealers, low level crime and what not. Good luck getting the black community to suddenly get jobs, stop dealing and obey traffic laws. We know that's not going to happen.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Is the original post lacking information? He shot him for driving away?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

No. It states the officer was in the window while the deceased drove off.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
There seems to be a cultural part to this.

"“Why are you telling me to comply if I am not doing anything wrong,?” Shanel Berry questioned in an interview with The New York Times about the rub her and her family has with law enforcement.
Of her sons: “I am trying to teach them to be men, but at the same time I am telling them to back down and not be who they are,” she said of their interactions with law enforcement.
There’s a subtle undertone here — that you should only comply with law enforcement if you believe you’ve done something wrong. Additionally, if you don’t stand up to them, you’re less of a man."
http://www.washingtontimes.com...cultural-difference/

I find it impossible to understand how someone would chose to drive away when the officer is right there. No doubt the stop, and the license plate, has been called in. But then that's just me.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

You have many rights as Americans. But you don't have the right to drive off from a legitimate traffic stop until you get your "green stamps". He didn't want to be bothered with the stop maybe because he thought it was bullshit. Or more likely he didn't want to be bothered with his 7oz of grass or $2600 lying on the seat. We'll never know.

So yes, the good officer deadified him for trying to run (and maybe run over him). The family is going wild because "its not right to kill someone for not having a front license plate." And they'd be right of course. But here he was killified for trying to leave, not producing his suspended license, and not producing his proof of insurance (because he didn't have any). Simple things.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I recall when this shooting happened. The dip shit Prosecutor said that that poor drug dealing clown should have never been pulled over for no licence plate or broken tail light. It is the law and he off all people should know that.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post