SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huricane Michael: SigMonkey and Others in the Panhandle - Take Care
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huricane Michael: SigMonkey and Others in the Panhandle - Take Care Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted
Have sort of watched this one, and once it was forecast to spin up concerned because these storms can grow fast in the Gulf of Mexico. This one is just exploding and now going to the Big Bend/Pan Handle as a CAT 3 storm.

Wunderground Analysis

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I am in an industry that watches these and some folk are freaking out a bit. I am glad we've had some good Tropical systems over the last few years that may have cleared some debris. Even so, a "Major" hurricane is no joke. We have a lot of trailers in the area too.

(I am in the Jefferson/ Madison Co areas.) If anyone needs anything, hit me at bigncruce at that google email place.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Be Safe down there. We winter in Destin but won't be down until 12/1. Beautiful area.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks to be another blow to the carolinas, doubt the area can be ready for the rain...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Talking at lunch with a friend that worked at the local Emergency Management Office and they figure it's gonna be a pretty rough go.

I live 150 feet ASL and 23 miles due norf of the water, so I am good.

There is expectation of 50 swells within a few hours that will be stacking water along the west coast up the big bend and along the northern coast.

We already have some wind from the leading flow that is coming off the system and moving north, and it is pretty much clearing a path.

Was expecting a cold front to interact and steer the storm to the east, but that has been losing any effect.

There is not much to impact the storms progress to build and there is a lot of warm water, and it is moving about 7mph, and conducive to strengthening.

Local gas stations are very busy, and folks are hitting the stores.

I figure there will be a large number of folks bugging out along from the west coast up and across the panhandle to around Lake City, making I-75 and I-10 heavy flow as well as all major roads leading north out across the panhandle.

If you live in any affected area, best be about the bidniz of doing that prep stuff.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I sure hope it turns east.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
I sure hope it turns east.

Where is that? Looks familiar.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Looks like Gulf Breeze, overlooking P-cola beach (Gulf Island). I swear I see a you-eff-oh in the distance.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Right-o Monkey feet. That's my house. Blue Angel #5 snapped the pic. Don't really need a 7' storm surge this week. The dead trees in the foreground are left over from Dennis: Ivan got most of them.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My sons house is on the North shore of North Bay. Elevation about 10 foot ASL. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, red sky this morning.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
As those of us south of you all breathe a sigh of relief know that our prayers are with you. Be safe.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
It Just turned into a Cat 2 and predicted to be a 3 stay safe y’all!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I live high enough and far enough away from the water that I am not concerned about storm surge. Only concern is wind and rain.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lake Borgne and Pontchartrain are full with the south and SE winds all last week. Water is over my street as of yesterday and over topping the bulkhead- 2.5’ higher than normal. Predictions of another 2ft higher for coastal flooding here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Hey Sigmonkey,

If you need to evacuate, I have plenty of trees in my back yard. Wink

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Hey Sigmonkey,

If you need to evacuate, I have plenty of trees in my back yard. Wink

LOL

It looks like it will a bit to the east, so the worst will be over in the bend.

Port Saint Joe is gonna get hammered.

I should be fine.

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
The Storm Surge from Tampa to Panama City is going to be rough. Even small storms will flood Cedar Key, but those west of Panama City (IF the track holds) look like wind and less surge. This one is going to be rough for Big Bend area - all are in our prayers.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm able to repel hurricanes by bringing the front entryway plywood out. So far, so good.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post