SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huricane Michael: SigMonkey and Others in the Panhandle - Take Care
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huricane Michael: SigMonkey and Others in the Panhandle - Take Care Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Nothing burger here in Gulf Breeze. My Davis weather station has recorded slightly less than an inch of rain, average wind speeds capped at 15 mph, one gust of 35 this AM. Wind has shifted 90 degrees and is blowing the surge back. Bar is at 999 and dropping slightly. I think the worst is over for us (cne knocks on wood).

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Yeah came in over Tyndall and eyewall brushed Panama City. Basically an F3 Tornado

[URL=Radar Loop]https://i.imgur.com/MJvNd4x.mp4[/URL]

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ugh, why must FNC trot out Shep Smith for this stuff every time? He's the worst.

Now I must rely on Fox Business for the time being since I don't have OAN at home.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Lost power over north side Pensacola, probably due to a branch or something, as we’ve only had occasional winds. Crews already enroute to repair by 3pm but prepared regardless.

Looking at the radar I don’t think we’ll get much else over here as it all seems to die out NW before making it here.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
We (my family) spend time each year along 30A, between Destin and Panama City ....
It's gonna be a mess.
Indeed, spent plenty of time over there as well - it’s gonna be crappy or a busy winter rebuilding.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I lived off of 30A back in '97/'98 (Doing some contract work at Eglin AFB) when parts of it were still closed from the previous hurricane.

This was back when the outlet mall/San Destin were the boonies. Great time to live there!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I just saw a Nest video of Toucan's being destroyed.

I used to have a house behind them that my ex-wife got in the divorce.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I hope Killer Seafood weathers the storm, love the fish tacos there.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A buddy heard from a family member who weathered out in PC - their house lost the roof but they were staying with a friend who has a ‘fortress’ with backup power, etc.

They said it was pretty wild but in standard Floridian format, not a whole lotta drama. They are business owners and planning to reopen soon (liquor store business).

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Mexico Beach area

https://twitter.com/Ginger_Zee

Link with images and video, picture was too big

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I spent 2 years living on St George Island, a barrier island off the coast of Appalachicola. I imagine they're getting hammered, a 12 foot storm surge would bury the island.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Video from inside the eye.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My older brother was down there back forth all day yesterday and all night until the evacuate order hit getting his son in law's charter boat stuff out.

My niece lost a Dodge 2500 V10 pickup truck and a 35ft deep sea fishing boat.

She claims there is extensive to catastrophic damage to Mexico Beach. Tidal surge over rooftops.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

NOAA 4pm CDT = 5 pm ET

moving NNE at 16 mph

max sustained wind 125 mph

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from CT,

Hurricane Michael has made landfall east of Panama City Beach in an area called Mexico Beach. The well defined eye-wall hits the coast as an extremely strong category 4 storm with sustained winds of 155 MPH. [Cat5 is 157mph] The area near Mexico Beach and Tyndall Air Force Base is taking a direct hit. Wind gauges near the AFB recorded wind speeds of 130mph prior to equipment failure.

All small residential structures on/near the Mexico Beach impact zone are suffering complete structural failure. Larger steel reinforced concrete buildings are under extreme pressure.

video:

https://twitter.com/twitter/st.../1050100136163061764

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
from CT,

Hurricane Michael has made landfall east of Panama City Beach in an area called Mexico Beach. The well defined eye-wall hits the coast as an extremely strong category 4 storm with sustained winds of 155 MPH. [Cat5 is 157mph] The area near Mexico Beach and Tyndall Air Force Base is taking a direct hit. Wind gauges near the AFB recorded wind speeds of 130mph prior to equipment failure.

All small residential structures on/near the Mexico Beach impact zone are suffering complete structural failure. Larger steel reinforced concrete buildings are under extreme pressure.

video:

https://twitter.com/twitter/st.../1050100136163061764

Yeah, that was noon. It's hustling across GA with pretty impressive power still.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Just heard on Fox that there are fatalities. No numbers or any other info.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

It was a spectacularly large and "clear" eye.

I have been through a couple that the eye was fairly small and cloud filled, nothing like that.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Tornado warning in Altanta towards Douglasville. This is two counties north of the NWS tornado watch. Will be an interesting night.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AJpM28a6pmQ" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That is a pretty cool vid.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post