SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huricane Michael: SigMonkey and Others in the Panhandle - Take Care
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huricane Michael: SigMonkey and Others in the Panhandle - Take Care Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Shortly after the hurricane, SM was photographed uploading pictures to SF..

Freaking monkeys make everthing funny, don't they?

Awsome post!

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Last monkey standing....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Tyndall: why would there be ANY plane there to be damaged?

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunthelp:
To call: why would there be ANY plane there to be damaged?

They looked like static displays to me, not functional aircraft.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
To call: why would there be ANY plane there to be damaged?

They looked like static displays to me, not functional aircraft.

Jim

Correct. Jets on sticks. Well, they were.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's standard to flying everything you can out from a base in the path of a Hurricane.

In the Navy the only thing left behind were the hangar queens that you couldn't get flyable and even then, for a Hurricane like this they may have transported them out of the area via ground or transport plane, but I don't know.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I just saw a video of the destruction at Tyndall AFB. Fortunately they got the planes and people out of there Monday. It will take years to rebuild. It is reminiscent of what Homestead AFB looked like after Andrew.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ML_Vn0FF6lM" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

My now BIL and SIL will be living with us for the next two weeks. He's stationed at Tyndall AFB, Luckily she was on the west coast for our wedding. She's going to fly in tomorrow or Saturday, he's got to drive up 95.

Get to come home to people staying in our tiny house, but I'm helping a Airman and family so we'll make it work.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
I just saw a video of the destruction at Tyndall AFB. Fortunately they got the planes and people out of there Monday. It will take years to rebuild. It is reminiscent of what Homestead AFB looked like after Andrew.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ML_Vn0FF6lM" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

My now BIL and SIL will be living with us for the next two weeks. He's stationed at Tyndall AFB, Luckily she was on the west coast for our wedding. She's going to fly in tomorrow or Saturday, he's got to drive up 95.

Get to come home to people staying in our tiny house, but I'm helping a Airman and family so we'll make it work.

I’m sure they don’t have many options and have lost a lot of things in their life in an instant. I’m sure they’re really thankful.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Very rough ride, heart goes out to everyone in panhandle. I will be retiring to that area in a few years, tough to see.

Tyndall was wrecked including the hangars. This article says all hangars were compromised. Qf-16 exposed, etc. This will need full rebuild.

Tyndall Hurricane

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

Thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Video from helicopter local TV station of Mexico Beach

https://www.facebook.com/WFLAJ...1NTk1NDY5ODYyODEyOQ/

There is no way this is a low death event. In that ONE video above I can see perhaps the possibility of 100 dead folks, in that one town. That is historic, Andrew style devastation. And these people didn't have a a lot of notice. Some estimates are that perhaps only 50% of people evacuated.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s a link to satellite imagery of the damage from Michael.

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/st...7/29.80934/-85.30193

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tyndall: why would there be ANY plane there to be damaged?
Not airworthy, as in down for maintenance, waiting for repair / replacement parts, etc?

During my Navy service, I do not recall any time, not even once, when 100% of the airplanes in our squadron were flyable. We had daily status meetings to review this stuff.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Seen from the air, our sons house suffered lots of roof damage, potential interior water damage from the roof, one car damaged and loss of some palm trees. It appears their screen room survived (on the north side of the house). They can not return home until the base commander (Tyndall AFB) lifts the mandatory evacuation. They were required to evac a minimum of 100 miles and maximum of 500 miles.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Lots of reports, photos and videos of Panama City, Mexico Beach and Tyndall AFB. Any word on how Destin fared?

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It blew through Charlotte yesterday, and they closed schools. Many were wondering why as the overnight NW side of the storm was relatively weak. By 11:00, the remnants of the eye were over Charlotte. However, at 12:30, the wind kicked up, rain created a near whiteout uptown, and trees and Lim s started coming down. Winds maxed out at 55mph, and 80k people lost power. Thirty + schools still did not have power this am, so school was cancelled again. The back side of the storm punched us in the back after we let our guard down. Many here underestimated after the front side ended up being weak.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The back side was charged with that cold front and the unstable mass pulled the high flow air down to ground level.

All the energy transfers to gusting winds.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having been through the protracted recovery from Hurricane Katrina, I can say that if it were not for the thousands of Volunteers who came to help we would have never made it. The generosity of Americans was quite amazing. Since the devastation was so great, we had teams of volunteers coming to rebuild for over five years. The NYFD guys were here to help, various church groups, and countless others. I am sure the same will occur in the Panhandle.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Lots of reports, photos and videos of Panama City, Mexico Beach and Tyndall AFB. Any word on how Destin fared?

No damage to speak of in Destin, FWB.
A dry stack marina in Niceville collapsed.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:

No damage to speak of in Destin, FWB.
A dry stack marina in Niceville collapsed.

Thanks for the info. I saw a video showing the marina in Niceville. It was pretty dramatic.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post