SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huricane Michael: SigMonkey and Others in the Panhandle - Take Care
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huricane Michael: SigMonkey and Others in the Panhandle - Take Care Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Returned from honeymoon Saturday morning and had in laws arrive Saturday night. Cleaned all day Saturday before their arrival.

We got my SIL and BIL moved into the basement bedroom. Moved all the junk out, threw away a bunch of stuff that needed to be tossed anyways, got some shelving set up for stuff that we are keeping. It's amazing how much stuff one stores that they don't need.

His commander (?) told them the earliest they can even return to base will be two weeks, but most likely over a month. Somehow they got a drone or sat picture of their house. The ones on either side were completely destroyed. I'd be going nuts not knowing the state of my house or being allowed back. They are taking things in stride pretty damn well for being evacuees and not being able to inspect or mitigate damage. They don't even know yet if insurance will cover or if they've lost their home for good.

On a bright note the military will pay for their food while here so I'm happy our food budget didn't just double.

During the wedding she said she wanted to come visit DC and I told her she was welcomed any time. I had no clue she'd be moving in a week later. At least they are going to get to see our nation's capital.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a bright note the military will pay for their food while here so I'm happy our food budget didn't just double.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah the military takes care of its people. Saw that on the Gulf Coast after Katrina. Government workers are taken care of as well. The local bases deployed lots of help to the community after they patched things up at the base. Keesler AFB took heavy damage after Katrina, but has been completely rebuilt. Keesler is housing Tyndall evacuees for the time being.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post