SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CA members...Register or go featureless ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CA members...Register or go featureless ? Login/Join 
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark

What stock is that? I haven't seen that before, but I like it...classic rifle style, looks good. Do you like it better than the Thordsen?
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

Yes, I am using an FRS-15. It is fine with an ambi safety. I flip the safety off normally with my thumb, but can't reach far enough to put it back on so I use the trigger finger on the ambi safety to engage it. It seems a little heavy (not much, but heavier than the pistol grip and stock it replaced), but it is back at the shoulder so no biggy. I LOVE have a standard magazine release. I'm quite happy with it given my current location and CA's current laws.

As soon as CA's AWB is overturned (not holding my breath, but we can hope) or I escape this communist paradise the rifles will return to their original configuration (unless they get short barrels and/or cans Smile) and all these 10 round magazines will go in a box, but for the current situation I am happy with this solution.

Sounds like the Thordsen should be pretty good, then, but guess I might need to add the ambi safety because I don't have one. I am definitely looking forward to the standard mag release myself. For me, that's the big plus of going featureless. I try to keep my stuff more on the simple side anyway, so I'll be content.

Stock Shotgun Stock with an adapter to mount be exile machine.

http://www.exilemachine.net/sh...pter-blk-105600.html

Cool thanks! I'll consider this route, as well.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I am not registering, will leave them disassembled or go featureless. I feel that the law will be struck down, but it will be a while. For the time being I am mostly shooting my AR-22. Similar feel, and saves me money.

s

I suspect once people start getting arrested, it will speed up the move to the Supreme Court.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro: I do suspect that non compliance will be rampant.

I knew guys back in the day that did not register their "AWs". One of them was actually jailed and went to trial for getting caught. He was finally released, but at a cost.

All of my long guns were purchased before the mandatory registration law in 2014 (all had no make or model listed on the DROS). As I posted earlier, my ARs are in free American right now, I will not risk getting my life thrown into turmoil until I move. My M1 Garand is my official battle rifle for now.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

And before anyone says it, yes I DID move out of California, not just my property, but me as well.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
I'm going featureless, I only own one AR. I, too, am looking at the Thordsen FRS-15. I am looking forward to having a normal mag release, and am fine without all the evil features as long as the FRS feels good.

Anyone actually use the FRS? How do you like it? I've watched reviews, but yet to handle one. Planning on getting to the LGS to see how it feels.

Hopefully one day I'll get out of Ca, but pretty well stuck for now.

Yes, I am using an FRS-15. It is fine with an ambi safety. I flip the safety off normally with my thumb, but can't reach far enough to put it back on so I use the trigger finger on the ambi safety to engage it. It seems a little heavy (not much, but heavier than the pistol grip and stock it replaced), but it is back at the shoulder so no biggy. I LOVE have a standard magazine release. I'm quite happy with it given my current location and CA's current laws.

As soon as CA's AWB is overturned (not holding my breath, but we can hope) or I escape this communist paradise the rifles will return to their original configuration (unless they get short barrels and/or cans Smile) and all these 10 round magazines will go in a box, but for the current situation I am happy with this solution.

I went FRS-15 years ago because I hated the bullet button. I prefer it because it's more similar to the traditional stocks I learned on and you can drop a magazine without going through unsafe contortions required with the button.

The FRS-15 allows control with one hand, unlike the grip wrap options. It's defiantly not a looker, though.

Posts: 89 | Registered: November 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ritter:
I went FRS-15 years ago because I hated the bullet button. I prefer it because it's more similar to the traditional stocks I learned on and you can drop a magazine without going through unsafe contortions required with the button.

It real easy to drop a magazine with the Bullet Button Magazine release using these.
All my magazines are these.If you notice there is a small nub on the Ranger Bottom plate.
They also sell the little nubs in kits you can install them yourself.

http://www.thordsencustoms.com...5-56-10-round-black/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post