SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's your "set for life" income number?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your "set for life" income number? Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. Because Anchovia was already owned by the Kingdom of Animalia Razz

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeterGV:
For retirement purposes, at 65 years old, it would be no less than $2M cash (invested), and house paid for.

100% what I need. Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Lump sum is a bit easier for me to calculate.
1 million is what we would need.
That would pay off the house, buy 4 ghost years towards retirement, invest the rest and that would pay for 3 kids (oldest is 4) schooling thru college.
Wife would quit working. With buying 4 ghost years I would retire in 4. We could easily live off my pension (health care included) and what we already have invested since the house would be paid off and kids schooling taken care of.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Otherwise, I'm going to keep pushing towards making more money. Why stop? I don't wish to just be comfortable, or even rich. I'm gunning for F You Rich.

Bernie or some other Dem is going to ask you to donate 60% of it to all those who just can't see to find work after getting their PhD in the mating habits of the cinch bug. Mad

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whenever a potential client asked me to do something non-kosher, I would say that my fee would be 2.7mil USD. No takers.

It sounded like a nice, round number.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I retired at 52. I got a pension which was cut when I was forced to start withdrawing SS at 62.
I did get a part time teaching job at a couple community colleges. I have not touched the money I put into my retirement fund yet.

My wife retired and took a buyout. She retired after I did. She had investments as well. She now has an investment counselor who is doing quite well for her.
We have no payments monthly other than a car lease....we really do not need. We have 2 other cars and a Truck and a couple of motorcycles.

We have talked about building a new house, but I am afraid of what the property taxes would be..not only to start out, but what they could balloon up to. You never can be sure of taxes.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Not sure what the exact number is, but I am there. Put 3 kids thru college with no student debt. Retired at age 57, and never looked back.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
I plan on retiring at 55 (9.5 years). My planner says I need roughly 2.5 mil. at 55 (I am on track with my investments... a bit ahead thanks to the President).

The planner says with 5% growth, I will have a just under a million left when I die at 100. I don't plan on living to 100 and I don't have kids, so why I need 2.5 mil is beyound me. I need to find someone who wants my NFA toys and money when I keel over at 70. Maybe a SigForum Karma?

I think they want to keep you working. Most investment counselors peg 4% per year as what you can safely pull out but I think that's too conservative.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anglertoo:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
9.2 billion USD and the island of Sardinia

Out of curiosity, why Sardinia?

Clam silk, what other reason could possibly make sense?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
for me, anything > 0 would be nice.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I retired military and will get tricare for life when I reach eligibility that simplifies matters greatly. I figure 65-75% of what our current income is would cover us well in retirement so pretty much 100k

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$24,000.00 per month

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I could probably make 20 million work.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retired state worker....

Lifetime Pension + Social Security = $50K annually. Pension plan pays for meds, very small co-pay.

$250K in CU Money Market.

Damn few bills. No house....no wife, either.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
$12 million lump sum and $150k per year

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More......

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post