SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's Talk Hoses!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Talk Hoses! Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Goodyear, the red/pink-is ones with white ends. Fantastic hose.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
I've had good luck with Gilmour Flexogen hoses.
Me too

Hate to use anything else. When a careless employee managed to kink one, I cut the ends off and sent them in as per their lifetime warranty. It didn't take long for the replacement to arrive. The only difference was it was grey instead of green, probably how they tell ones they've replaced.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
...[snip]...I had never-kink & they were great, until they weren't. then they kinked, cracked & just generally pissed me off. The gilmour outlast them by double, at least.

I bought a couple never-kink once, I think at the Home Despot, as they were quite a bit cheaper than the Flexogen. They didn't take long to show me why they were cheaper. I called them Ever-Kink and cussed them every time I used them until I threw them away and replaced them with Flexogens.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

I've been using one of these for several years now. Supposedly guaranteed for life. I have an extra one, NIB, in the basement, from when I bought three mail order two years ago. when they went on half-price sale. Seems like an excellent hose and a great value.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

I've been using one of these for several years now. Supposedly guaranteed for life. I have an extra one, NIB, in the basement, from when I bought three mail order two years ago. when they went on half-price sale. Seems like an excellent hose and a great value.

That is the good one,been using for decades,I like the 100 foot ones.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have an industrial hose/rubber company make you a hose using 150 lb. steam hose. You can specify the ID and length you desire. They will install high quality machined brass "garden hose" type end fittings. Use hose similar to Goodyear Plicord 250.

I had Catawba Industrial Rubber Co. (Charlotte, NC) make such a hose over forty years ago. It's been terribly abused and neglected. Left outside on the ground since new and it still functions perfectly!

They're not cheap -- but you will never, ever have to buy another hose! Well, unless this one gets stolen or you slice it with an axe.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post