SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Umm, bacon jam recipe inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Umm, bacon jam recipe inside Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Bacon jam is very delicious on many things I have discovered much to my delight. It has been on my radar for quite sometime to make but it finally rose to the top of the list this past weekend when I decided to make burgers on the griddle. Treat yourselves to this gift from heaven you will not regret it. It don't look like much but boy howdy it is packed with flavors. May I suggest warm bacon jam on a English muffin with your morning coffee? You can thank me later. Big Grin

Ingredients:
1 lb bacon, sliced 1/2”
1 lb yellow onion, sliced 1/4” thick
1 tbsp your favorite bbq rub
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coffee
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp dried thyme

Here's the method:
To make the bacon jam, cook the bacon over medium heat in a skillet, stirring frequently until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet using a slotted spoon. Drain bacon on paper towels. Add the sliced onions and bbq rub to the skillet. Cook until translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Add the garlic and brown sugar. Cook for one minute. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Return the cooked bacon to the skillet. Cook over low heat until the mixture is syrupy. Transfer to a food processor and pulse to desired consistency. Cool and store in mason jars in the refrigerator.

It should look something like this. I actually made half this recipe. A little goes a long way. I cooked the onions to the point of carmelization which added more flavor punch I think.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post