SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cotton picken’ mind” is now an offensively racist phrase.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cotton picken’ mind” is now an offensively racist phrase. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
How stupid are these idiots. It's no different than him saying you're out of your fucking/darn/god damn/gosh mind. The saying has nothing to do with picking cotton or slavery. It's simply a substitution for curse words.

Exactly. A substitution for curse words. I always thought I was being exceptionally good if I used a phrase like that instead of any number of other words or phrases I might.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
A pocketful of posies is no longer allowed as they may harm the kids with allergies.

Interesting that you'd use that example as it refers to warding off the smell of death...from plague victims

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll have to get on the CB & tell all the truckers they're racist.

Cotton picker, cotton chopper: Pal or buddy. Cotton pickin': makes no sense. Frustration.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Too funny; sounds like someone is out of their Ganja picking mind.

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
It would be a much shorter task to list what is NOT racist rather than what is.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna change my name to Dave.

I no longer care whom is offended at anything I think or say.

I owe no apologies, and none will be given.

Life sucks, get a helmet.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
These idiots are out of their cotton pickin' minds if they think I'll give one single second of thought about their opinion other than what I am posting.

I could care less what a bunch of sniveling fascist thought police think.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I couldn't care less what a bunch of sniveling fascist thought police think.

I couldn't agree more. But, these Leftist thought-police have traveled many miles towards their goals.

I remember when "hate crime" legislation took a foothold. Hate crime??? Just the name of this legislation indicates how successful the Left has been. Hate has to do with thought, and the Left has successfully introduced interpretation of thought into our system of jurisprudence. This is truly scary to me. And, once they took an inch, so to speak, with hate crime legislation, now they're looking to take a mile with language that they can interpret as hateful, bigoted, racist, or whatever other title they can coin - all for the purpose of gaining more control over the most personal aspects of our lives.

I have asked this question before, and never received an answer. But, I'm going to ask it again.

Why don't businesses tell these whiners & complainers to go pound sand when they complain about how they are able to interpret something as racist?

How would we forum members react if we read that the CEO of a big corporation answered complaints of racism by saying, "Look - we're not a racist company, and we're not going to play your stupid games with regard to racism! We are going to keep right on manufacturing quality products for affordable prices, and if you insist on reading false claims of racism into everything we say and do, you're welcome to buy our competitors' products at their inflated prices. But, seriously, we're not going to participate in your sad race-bating bull shit games!"

I feel confident that the reaction to such a statement would do for that corporation the same thing it did for Chic-fil-a. People respect strong leadership like that!

It's the businesses and corporations who cowardly cave to the race-baiters that have turned this into an epidemic - and is leading us further down the path toward 1984. It's un-American to be so easily intimidated!

As Rightwire said, we ALL should say, "I couldn't care less what a bunch of sniveling fascist thought-police think!" I strongly believe any CEO who would take this stance would reap huge benefits. Of course his corporation might suffer a bit in the truly insane parts of the country like San Francisco. But, the majority of the country would really appreciate it. And, that CEO might spark off an explosion of anti-race-baiting that would finally put an end to this BS.

I'm so sick of it.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
In the future you will only be allowed to say, "Welcome to Costco, I love you."

I saw the documentary.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They wake up in the morning determined to find anything they can claim to be offended by.

It's a competition. "You think you are offended? Well I am even more offended." ("I win. I am morally superior. I am the most tender snowflake.")

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
Now a days everything is racist if it is said by anyone other than a black person.

Nailed.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
A pocketful of posies is no longer allowed as they may harm the kids with allergies.

Interesting that you'd use that example as it refers to warding off the smell of death...from plague victims

Would that be the Black Plague that you're referring to? Oh dear .. guess that one's racist now, too .

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 646 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I guess that your liberals will be calling it 'The very dark death' from now on.

It's hard to imagine a world without the the adjective 'black' in it, but these people are sure trying hard to make us find out.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t help that so many on both sides will salute anything that’s run up the flagpole, no matter how ridiculous, as long as they think it might assist their cause, by hook or by crook.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...and now he's been suspended two weeks.

Et tu fox?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ng-mind-comment.html

Fox News has suspended a former staffer from President Donald Trump's campaign over his remark that a black panelist was out of his 'cotton-picking mind'.

David Bossie, who is white, was suspended from appearing on the network for two weeks over his comment to black Democratic Party strategist Joel Payne on Sunday morning's Fox And Friends, the Daily Beast reported.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh...no surprise whatsoever! Fox News lost its testicle sack a looooooooooooooong time ago.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh...no surprise whatsoever! Fox News lost its testicle sack a looooooooooooooong time ago.

Out of their cotton picking minds. Wholly cow, could they not Google "cotton picking mind & entomology?"
Besides the idiotic libs losing their mind, not a single one owns a cotton picking cell phone?

What in the tarnation is wrong with them?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Knew that was coming the second I heard him say it. So predictable this God-forsaken, PC, chickenshit nonsense. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of when PETA wanted the Village of Fishkill, NY to change it’s name to Fishsave before it was pointed out that the name dates back to Dutch settlers and means Fish Creek. You gotta love people with strong opinions about what they know nothing about.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post