SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If Money Were No Object
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Money Were No Object Login/Join 
posted
What car would you buy? For me, it has always been the Aston Martin, exotic car performance with James Bond provenance.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Audi R8 or ZR1 Corvette

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Gullwing SL Roadster

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
1931 Deusenberg Model J.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
BMW M2...I would already have one...

...but my wife tells me that money IS an object. Smile

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
A Ferrari for a sunny day car and a Porsche Boxster S as a daily driver.

I’ve had a 911 cab and a Boxster. I prefer the Boxster as a convertible.

I was shopping for another Boxster a few years ago. I found one and was about to pull the trigger..bought a motor home instead. I haven’t regretted my decision.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
For me, it has always been the Aston Martin...

Before you spend your hard-earned money, I think they eliminated speedometers from their cars with the current offerings. Oh, they have a digital speedometer in the center of the tachometer, but a real car has a real speedometer. Weird, how one detail, even a major one such as this, can ruin the image.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Shelby AC Cobra

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would upgrade my Challenger SXT to a Hellcat, and then try my best to keep my license. Wink

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Gullwing SL Roadster

A friend's father owned one (you mean a 300SL roadster, of course), and he said it was a wonderful car. You won't be disappointed. Not only is it more comfortable than a Gullwing, it has a real IRS, as opposed to the swing-axle the Gullwing had. Much better handling, especially around hairpin corners.

The only disappointing thing is that you don't get to watch a girl in a mini-skirt swing her legs over the wide sill while getting in or out of the Gullwing. A highly-memorable image!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Ferrari 488 Spider. Ever since Magnum PI the dream car has been a t-top or convertible red Ferrari.

I think a Corvette would be a much better daily driver.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post

It's a concept vehicle, but it really exists, and with unlimited funds one could be mine.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaiseHal:
Shelby AC Cobra

Slabside! Cool

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nothing too crazy. Probably just a top-of-the-line Toyota Tundra, with all the fixings.

Or maybe an big (but non-dualie) upscale diesel truck, like a top-trim-level F350 or 2500.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
1957 Chrysler 300C. Totally restored. Maybe 1958.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

1936 Rolls-Royce Phantom III

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Ferrari GTO.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'd have a project built from either ICON or Ring Brothers.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
911 GT

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
H1 Hummer fully armored. Outfit it like this:

Talk about a family vehicle!

Half the cars posted so far would get me killed. Frown

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post