SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bradley (Chelsea) Manning to be released next week
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Bradley (Chelsea) Manning to be released next week Login/Join 
posted
Remember the sentence commutation? It is now time for him/her to be released. I use both genders because I can't figure out which is really applicable now.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/...release-from-prison/

Chelsea Manning will be released from military prison next week, according to a statement from her attorneys Tuesday.

A former Army intelligence analyst and transgender woman, Manning was sentenced to 35 years in prison after being convicted in 2013 of stealing 750,000 pages of documents and videos before leaking them to WikiLeaks -- one of the largest and most embarrassing leaks of classified information in US history.

But then-President Barack Obama commuted Manning's sentence in January, thereby providing her with an early release date.

Expressing relief about the impending release on Twitter Tuesday, Manning said: "Freedom was only a dream, and hard to imagine. Now it's here! You kept me alive <3"

https://t.co/abkGoA3fOi
— Chelsea Manning (@xychelsea) May 9, 2017

Manning has been forced to serve her sentence in an all-male military prison despite a request to transfer to a civilian prison.

"For the first time, I can see a future for myself as Chelsea. I can imagine surviving and living as the person who I am and can finally be in the outside world," she said in a written statement. "I hope to take the lessons that I have learned, the love that I have been given, and the hope that I have to work toward making life better for others."

Manning's representatives could not provide her exact release date when reached by CNN, but a statement from the White House in January said her prison sentence is set to expire on May 17.

"Chelsea has already served the longest sentence of any whistleblower in the history of this country. It has been far too long, too severe, too draconian," Manning's attorneys, Nancy Hollander and Vincent Ward, said in a joint statement. "President Obama's act of commutation was the first time the military took care of this soldier who risked so much to disclose information that served the public interest."

News of Manning's commutation set off harsh criticism from some Republicans and intelligence officials who opposed the move in January, but Obama said she had served a "tough sentence."

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Bullshit. Made tougher by "its" own malfeasance. Our country isn't what it used to be. We show way too much mercy on those who don't deserve it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that is really too bad that it will be back in society...

as if we don't have enough problems

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

And I bet he's a welfare case until the book deal, movie and icon status of some Progressives somewhere.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

And I bet he's a welfare case until the book deal, movie and icon status of some Progressives somewhere.
He tried to commit suicide at least twice in prison. No suicide watch out in society. I won't do death pools, but if I did I'd bet suicide not book deal.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There ain't no Chelsea about it.

Bradley Manning, convicted felon and all-round nutcase is who you're talking about.

I give him a year before he kills himself or someone does it for him.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:

Chelsea Bradley Manning will be released from military prison next week, according to a statement from her attorneys Tuesday.

FIFY.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yes, I don't care if he 'identifies' today as a woman, sewer rat, kangaroo or a toilet brush. Unless he has somehow changed his chromosomal alignment, he's still a dude, just sans some of the original equipment.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet he will be on the Ellen Degenerate show within 3 months.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In military prison how the hell does he have access to Twitter?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
He's a limp dick of a man.

Born that way.

Will die that way.

Let him stew with the rest of the filth in the liberal cesspool.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Chelsea has already served the longest sentence of any whistleblower in the history of this country. It has been far too long, too severe, too draconian," Manning's attorneys, Nancy Hollander and Vincent Ward, said in a joint statement. "President Obama's act of commutation was the first time the military took care of this soldier who risked so much to disclose information that served the public interest."

And people wonder why people hate lawyers?

Disclosing top secret information and endangering American lives is NOT in the public interest. I'd like his lawyers to name one person that the release helped, just one, that's all.

He could have been a whistle-blower by going through the proper channels, had his concerns heard and addressed.

Fuck HIM, I hope HE chokes to death on a giant dick.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
"For the first time, I can see a future for myself as Chelsea."
If he settles anywhere outside of California, I doubt his future is likely to be too rosy. Reap what ya sow pal.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I hope he gets run over by a garbage truck as soon as he steps outside the gate

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Well, at least he will be out of Kansas.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
At least we won't be paying for his hormone shots any more.

Posts: 466 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: August 07, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
Idaho falls isn't that big a city, I'm sure there's a number of folks that will like to say hello to him/her/it.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Coward and traitor.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Coward and traitor.

And a highlight of Obama's legacy.....

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Report This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I thought being a traitor was punishable by death and not much else? What else did I miss in my government classes during high school and college?

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Report This Post