SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Karma for my friends..... I'm sorry for the delay, I had some personal issues come up. The winners chosen on page 3 are sigmonkey and cooger.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Karma for my friends..... I'm sorry for the delay, I had some personal issues come up. The winners chosen on page 3 are sigmonkey and cooger. Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
Been a long time since I did one.

I'll put up pics of it when I figure out how to use something other than photobucket...

But, up for offer, are two challenge coins.

There will be two winners.

One of these coins, will go to any LEO on Sigforum, active, retired, or medically retired (or other affiliation i choose.)

The other coin, will be open to the membership at large, provided they have been here for at least 6 months and have been a regularly contributing member (I reserve the right to decide that at my own whims... no real specifics but someone who only used the classifieds for 100 posts and never actually talked about anything else wouldn't be eligible.)

So the prize, not much from my meager stable, but each winner will get a challenge coin with a "thin blue line" logo, overlaid with my department badge. Not my actual badge, just a generic badge from the Dept.

Not required, but for the LEO side of the karma, I would ask that if you win, you rekarma a challange coin, department patch, or something with a logo to another LEO. If not, so be it, but it might be fun to see how long we can make that go.

I'm buying these coins as a donation to one of our officers who has cancer, so the purchase will go to his family, and I'll give them out to you.

If anyone who doesn't win WANTS to buy one, email me and I'll give you the link, but certainly, no obligation.

I'm ordering them, so it may take time for delivery. THe drawing will happen whenever I feel like it, or most likely when interest wanes.

Please in your post, let me know if you are LE or not, so I know which drawing to enter you in.

Kevin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KevinCW,

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
I'm in![/QUOTE

Sorry, just a reminder, please let me know in your post letting me know if you are in teh LE drawing, or hte general drawing.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I'm in![/QUOTE

Sorry, just a reminder, please let me know in your post letting me know if you are in teh LE drawing, or hte general drawing.

My apologies, I decided at the last minute to with draw from this awesome gift. This would have to be something I would cherish and not just sit on a shelf.

Also, I'd rather if I were picked, It would go instead to another LEO, as I'm not one.

A cool challenge coin would be great to have, but it should really go to an LEO.

Thank you so much for your generosity.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I'm in![/QUOTE

My apologies, I decided at the last minute to with draw from this awesome gift. This would have to be something I would cherish and not just sit on a shelf.

Also, I'd rather if I were picked, It would go instead to another LEO, as I'm not one.

A cool challenge coin would be great to have, but it should really go to an LEO.

Thank you so much for your generosity.

H&K-Guy

Dammit. That is why there are two. You are entered and shut up and like it.

Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Please count me in on the non Leo side. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Thank you Kevin

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Kevin, I can host some images for you. You can just email them to me.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Would enjoy toting a coin, Kevin. I am a volunteer with Henrico County Police, relieving sworn officers of mundane duties such as traffic direction and disabled motorists for the past fifteen years. Please enter me in your choice of karma.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Please throw me in on the non LEO side. if I should be lucky enough to win, my BIL is a MSP Trooper and would be the proud recipient.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
I'm in for the LEO side and will re-karma my dept coin and or patch as requested.

Prayers sent for your friend, Screw cancer.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I'm not LE, but would be honored to be entered in the other one! As for image hosting, I've been using this for the past month with luck.. It doesn't catalog the pictures, but it does upload them. (just hit "start uploading", pick the picture, hit upload, then copy the "BBcode full linked" option and paste it where you want the image posted)

https://imgbb.com/

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My favorite older cousin when I was a kid, was Solly. He walked a beat in Brooklyn NY back in the 1940s & 1950s. He was my hero and I wanted to be a cop, like him, when I grew up. It didn't happen.

Please enter me in the non-LEO drawing.

Thank you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm in for the general karma please. I'll be passing it on to my nephew who is a cop. I found out he likes these sorts of things.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Non-LEO.

I have always had respect for LEO, Fireman and EMS folks.

My grandfather was a cop in Bartlesville Oklahoma back in the 1920s, and later Captain of Sedgewick County #1 FD.

I had wandered off when I was 2 and a half, and remember being found by a police offcer, the Black and White car and dark blue uniformed officer with his "Class A" cap.

He sat me in the front seat and gave me a box of Jujyfruits. It is one of my earliest and strongest memories. Took me back home.

I would be honored and privileged to carry the coin.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
You didn't tell us why you want or need Karma, but have a portion of mine. The past two Sundays I drove 2.5 hours round trip to give 3+ hour music lessons to an autistic 13 year old. She's a real fast learner once you get the bow on the strings but does not talk much - plus her mom thinks I have nice eyes, usually. Wink Overflow Karma has a limited shelf life and is there to share.

Consider yourself harmonically Karma'd from the east. No entry for me, please.
Email any pics you want hosted. And here's a bonus:

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...ster-wright-damn.png

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Not LEO, But add me, please.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Please add my name to the non LEO side.
While residing on Cape Cod, I was a volenteer with the Yarmouth PD.
For five years I worked the desk at the station; one shift a week.
Great experience.
Also proudly graduated from the Citizen's Police Academy, and have the golf shirt.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I have no need for a coin, please don't enter me. Please check your email.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Not in for the Karma, Thanks. Please email me the link. I'll gladly buy a few coins to help a LEO in need. Rotndad@Gmail.com

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Kevin, in for the non LEO side please.

We on the Fire/EMS side of the public safety house appreciate you LEO's having our backs and for the help you give us on scene with traffic and crowd control.

Thanks for the karma.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Kevin please add me for the non LEO side.

I saw a truck driver at Subway in Baton Rouge tonight and I asked where he was headed. He said Kansas City, I told him to watch out for Kevin. Big Grin

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post