SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dishwasher whisperers step inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dishwasher whisperers step inside Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
I have a there year old SamsungDMT800RHS dishwasher that is throwing a “oe” (drain blockage) code.

It’s not blocked. The disposer it drains to is not clogged either. The sink drains also.

Any ideas what I can do?
I’ve already tried letting it sit for ten minutes w/o power....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Have you been through this site, explaining the codes? There are a few other reasons the ‘OE’ code comes on.

http://www.appliancerepairless...ror-codes-explained/

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Samsung is garbage.
Bought a new one 3 weeks ago.
Been serviced 4 times now.
They're garbage.

There is a part on the left side of the machine that needs replacing.
I don't think it's a blockage but the sensor isn't moving.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Samsung is garbage.
Bought a new one 3 weeks ago.
Been serviced 4 times now.
They're garbage.

There is a part on the left side of the machine that needs replacing.
I don't think it's a blockage but the sensor isn't moving.

Our Samsung was a piece of crap as well. It lasted 4 years and had multiple problems. SC hit the nail on the head. That fricken sensor went out twice and it is a major pain in the ass to replace. Recently replaced it with a KitchenAid and we're very happy with it so far.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Our Samsung lasted about 2 years. Replaced with a Kitchenaid, I'm pretty sure they're rated as most reliable dishwasher now. Haven't had any issues at all with it in a couple years.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Took it out of it's cave,

took the white plastic water maze thingy,

blew thru the drain piping,

put it back together,

test run...

Bingo

no blockage,

no stuck water level sensor,

just magic I guess

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post