SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many project guns....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many project guns.... Login/Join 
posted
Have been built/completed during the Coronavirus isolation?
Working on three myself.
Big Grin

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have all the parts for one might get to it soon.

Posts: 5582 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
No guns but I'm on my second fishing rod.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Got the last part for my next build yesterday. Build will start this weekend.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Changed the grips, hammer, trigger, and springs on my Beretta 92 Inox; have an Adams Arms piston conversion kit on the way for my AR carbine. If you've never seen the difference between a direct impingement system and a piston system after firing hundreds of rounds, you'd be amazed at the difference of the carbon buildup in the bolt carrier group.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually sold two projects last week. And used the cash to buy a couple more non-projects. Feeling quite proud of myself. LOL

Posts: 2475 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Reworking my 870. I've got a Magpul stock on the way and I'm researching tube extensions. Those along with the 18" barrel with open sights smooth bore barrel I already have will make a pretty good bad guy weapon.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Four for me- I had a tactical shotgun setup I was finishing (done), one pistol project on hold, a Ruger 10/22 Takedown Lite setup and sighting in (done), and a last AR build which I'm still waiting for the last parts (delayed).

Here's a few picts of the Takedown Lite I had on hand. I've had a stock 10/22 rifle for years but liked the possibilities in a low profile takedown. That's a Bugbuster scope, SS compensator and paracord sling.

I replaced the Ruger OEM velco label with a virus-appropriate company.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
None. But, I have spent time scheming on my next build. I may become one of “those” people that send off a Glock for a true custom job.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly none, but I've managed to tear apart half my kitchen. A few AR's would be much cheaper when this is all said and done Eek

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Does load development for a rifle I finished building a few months ago count?

Posts: 7260 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Funny you should ask.
I had an LPK and muzzle device arrive today. Ordered the barrel but after reading the Optic Planet thread not sure when or if it will arrive based on other experience.
Guess I’ll post this reply and order the BCG, tungsten buffer, and buffer spring.

Only thing left will be an optic.
I have an old Primary Arms red dot that will go on it for a bit.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't have anything in the works right now, and even some maintenance parts I ordered are stuck in "pending" at Midway due to the corinavirus craziness. That said, the last couple of days I've been giving some serious thought to a 1911 build...researching if I want to try it from scratch (seems like a pretty major undertaking) or just pick up a cheap SA mil-spec and customize it from there.

Not gonna happen until everything settles down, though. Just researching at this point.

Posts: 8526 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm building a basic M4 clone currently.
Also have been tinkering with a couple other guns in the meantime, but I'm not quarantined because they consider me 'essential.'
Re-built a troublesome MkII competition target.
Added some doo-dads to my CZ Evo pistol.
Been upgrading my white light/IR lights on my ARs.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't had the chance to build anything as I am still going to work.

I still don't have an AK, or an AR. So far I've built a Glock, a fancy Glock, a Glock carbine, a 2011, MkII, Desert Eagles...

A Glock build would be as easy as you want it to be. A 1911 requires a bit more effort and is a bit more rewarding. The MkII practically built itself.

I am opportunist so if parts go on sale, the build goes along faster. Sometimes it will be almost a year from concept to execution.

This thread would be a lot more interesting if we were able to see the projects in progress and what roadblocks were overcome along the way. Wink

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I finished a 10/22 project recently. Had all the parts on hand, just needed time. My project was making an M1 looking 10/22. It took me about 20 minutes to change the front and rear sights, swap the stock, add the sling, and put in a BX trigger. I'd post a pic if I knew how, but it looks fabulous!! (Trust me) LOL

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Honing and polishing the bore of one shotgun, painting another. Though it has nothing to do with corona.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 I need to work on, but we recently moved and the gun room isn't set up yet... now i have time, but no materials to build the benches & cabinets.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have about a dozen Model 70s to clean up and refinish.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I had three projects.

The AR pistol got done the first week.

My Glock build will be next as the remaining parts are being sent this week. Building a poor man Gucci Glock 19 with Zev parts.

The last project is my suppressed 10/22. I need to still source a SBX barrel of my choice and work on fitting it to a Magpul Hunter stock. Also want to have the receiver coated. Spent a few night sanding the inside of the receiver. Will decide on what to upgrade with bolt, trigger, etc...

Posts: 1348 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post