SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My oldest daughter says she's ready for the range.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My oldest daughter says she's ready for the range. Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Fun!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Great story and thank you for sharing.

Burning 22 at the range with the kids is my hands-down favorite thing to do.

Sure, we have fun with bows and 3D targets.... but nothing beats ringing steel, breaking clays, and blowing up cans + bottles!

I've been buying bricks from target sports at .05/rd so it's not breaking the bank either.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Brings back some memories! My daughter was the same age when she started shooting. At 16 now, she is an animal with firearms! Does not matter what I bring home, she always ask, "when can I shoot it"!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to that day with my one year old daughter. Life sure has its moments.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30406 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Looking forward to that day with my one year old daughter. Life sure has its moments.

definitely was one of those moments- plus the time flies by as well. 1 year old becomes 7 in the blink of an eye. Looking forward to many more outings.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I still love it when my "little boy" goes shooting with me. Even though he's now bigger than me!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Seems like only yesterday dad was helping me hold the 22 bolt keeping my cheek on the stock and squeezing the trigger.

I've been fortunate to teach my sons safety and expose them to firearms.

Go slow and enjoy every minute.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Another great morning at the range today. She was super excited to wake up early, and head out for some good daddy/daughter time. The CZ455 Scout impresses me more every time we shoot it.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post